Question Why can’t I get a signal on monitor. New build

Mar 21, 2023
I cannot get any signal on my monitor. New build.

specs
Msi b450 gaming plus max mobo
Ryzen 5700g cpu
Radeon rx6600 gpu
Corsair vengeance rgb pro x2 ram
Western digital sn750 m.2

I’ve updated the latest bios using the flashback method so that my mother board is capable of running the 5700g cpu. There is no debug lights on.
I’ve tried multiple HDMI and dp cords. Removed cmos battery and redownloaded bios. All fans are working even gpu fan. Should I try an older version of bios. I am officially stuck. They are all new parts so I think I can rule out any hardware problems.

Since you are a newbie, are you plugging your RAM sticks into the recommended slots?

63a5a8c29f8e5.jpg

Mar 21, 2023
Yup ram/rams are inserted in dimma 2 slots. I took the ssd out and tried still nothing. Monitor doesn’t even look for an output, when I turn it on it still says no signal.

Mar 21, 2023
I was told to build it outside the case first so that’s what I’ve done. Ive checked the pins and they look fine, also reseated it multiple times. figure if the cpu debug light isn’t on anymore then it’s reading it and is fine.

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I cannot get any signal on my monitor. New build.

specs
Msi b450 gaming plus max mobo
Ryzen 5700g cpu
Radeon rx6600 gpu
Corsair vengeance rgb pro x2 ram
Western digital sn750 m.2

I’ve updated the latest bios using the flashback method so that my mother board is capable of running the 5700g cpu. There is no debug lights on.
I’ve tried multiple HDMI and dp cords. Removed cmos battery and redownloaded bios. All fans are working even gpu fan. Should I try an older version of bios. I am officially stuck. They are all new parts so I think I can rule out any hardware problems.
Are you sure the monitor itself works? Can you try it with another system?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The most common sequence when you boot up a system is that it gives you one small beep immediately, then starts on its POST process to check all its components. After a short time - 5 to 20 sec - it gives you ONE more beep to indicate success. Any more beeps means that is a code to tell you where the problem may be.

Of course, to hear any of this your system needs to have a sound output tiny speaker. Do you hear NO beeps? If there ar nomne, either the entire system is dead or, more likely, your unit does not have a beeper speaker. You can buy one of those from most parts shops cheap. It plugs into the two Speaker pins of the smaller Front Panel header called JFP2 at the bottom front corner of your motherboard. See your mobo manual, page 16. Or you could use the Buzzer pins on that connector.