Question Why can't I edit videos?

Jayxe56

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
I enabled full access to every single drive and folder imaginable on this PC. I bought it, built it from scratch, created the video myself, and all I want to do is trim it down to a few seconds. I am going absolutely bonkers trying to figure out why I get "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead."
  1. I absolutely SHOULD have permission to change this file. I created it. I own it. I own EVERYTHING.
  2. There is no option to save a copy.
  3. Just creating a copy from the file (right click, copy, paste) still doesn't allow me to make changes to it.

How in God's green earth do I make my pc believe that I am the sole Administrator and life giver of this system, and tell it that I can do whatever I want with it?

Jayxe56

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Now...where is this file you wish to edit?
What application are you using?
It's in my Games/Media SSD, labeled D: and I'm using the default Windows Movies and TV . I select the Pencil icon on the bottom right and click Trim and it puts me in Photos to trim it. This was working perfectly in Windows 10, but not in Windows 11.
I've right clicked on my SSD, selected Properties, Security, and I have enabled "Full Control" on everything listed there. I have unchecked Read-Only on the drive as well.

Jayxe56

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Are able to make any changes in this folder - eg, create a file and delete it, create a folder and delete it?
If you copy said video to your desktop - can you edit it?
Make changes? Yes. Create/Delete? Yes. Create folder? Yes. Copy to desktop (and anywhere else)? Yes. Edit after copying? No. It's hurting my brain lol.