Question Why cant I find the options to overclock my ram in bios?

Jun 19, 2024
I have an ASUS Prime B360 M-A motherboard which I'm 99% sure is able to enable XMP, and I know my ram is eligible to, I checked benchmark and was told I could enable XMP on it.

When I go to BIOS, (Latest version of bios available for my motherboard) I cannot find the option to enable XMP where it is commonly found under the AI tweaker tab.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

bignastyid

Titan
What is the ram?
"DDR4 2666MHz and higher memory modules will run at max. 2666MHz on Intel® 8th and 9th Gen. 6-core or higher processors."

RAM kits typically only have one XMP profile and it's for their rated speed. I think I had a kit that had another, slower speed, but memory's too haze to tell for certain.

If your RAM's rated speed is higher than the maximum supported by the board, you're going to have to manually configure the RAM speed and timings.

I have an ASUS Prime B360 M-A motherboard which I'm 99% sure is able to enable XMP, and I know my ram is eligible to, I checked benchmark and was told I could enable XMP on it.
B360 doesn't allow ram overclocking. 2666mhz is max available (with or without XMP).
If you're already at 2666mhz, then enabling XMP does nothing for your system (may be only DDR voltage adjustment).

lolvatveo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2021
only z board and k cpu below 12th gen support overclock ram as much as you can. the xmp feature for these chipset is xmp-2400 or xmp-2666mhz is maximum for non k cpu and normal 2133-2400mhz ddr4. you can't overclock more than non k cpu ram frequency supported to run. becuase intel locked it, you have to use high end board and cpu to enjoy overclocking feature privilege which Intel took away from mid and low end user. you can try lower ram timing to run faster at low frequency. such as 20-20-20-50-360 to 18-18-18-36-108, command rate 1, try it yourself with ram test utility: prime95,... warn: it don't recommended for low experience or non expert overclock

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike

Latest posts