Why cant i watch stream and play at the same time with 500 fps

jacob.o.h221200

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Hi, when i am not watching stream my game runs fine, but when i watch stream. it feels like its lagging even though i have 500 fps, it feels like its dropping to 60 hz or something like that, hope anyone can help

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What CPU/GPU are you using? What game are you playing?

Are you monitoring CPU/RAM/GPU utilization?

Simply speaking, streaming will (potentially) take available hardware resources away from the game, unless you have more cores/RAM that the game(s) aren't utilizing.

As for why it would still show 500FPS? That's very odd as I'd expect to see drops there if it's not feeling as "smooth"....
That being said, you might be locking up a little, and resources aren't available to refresh an FPS counter consistently, so you might be experiencing stuttering there - where it should be showing a drop to <100FPS, but there's no resources available to refresh the counter, so you still see 500FPS? Would be very, very strange, and a complete guess on my part.

jacob.o.h221200

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
My gpu is Strix GTX 1080, my cpu i7 7700k and my ram is corsair-vengeance-ddr4-16gb-2x8gb-3000mh, so there really shouldnt be any problems, and its not dropping to 100, because its consistanly lagging, its not just dropping. So i dont really get it. And im mainly playing csgo, and it just lagging even though it says 500 fps