[SOLVED] why did my desktop keyboard stopped working

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
This morning it stopped working upon first boot of the day. At first i thought it was an individual key, but when i noticed on the screen it was not having any effect pressing any keys, i removed it. Now this is a ten year wired keyboard with the old round connector that plugs into the DT and the other end into the KB is either hard wired or connected with a small white plug. I took the KB apart. I am ( kinda ) attached to it so i would like to save it if possible. i know there are definite improvements, wireless and etc. ..and i could afford them, but like i said i am attached to this one and it was made by microsoft, if that means anything. As of now, i do not know if its the wire. The inside looked impeccable...i couldn't find any dust or dirt...10 years ago or so they made them pretty sturdy..Someone mentioned to do a bios self test...but when i booted, there were no messages of a bad keyboard. BTW, anyone recall what they called those round connectors? I think it started with a P2 or something similar.