Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Greetings,

I'm not sure this is the right forum to post this on, but since I'll be asking a question regarding boot time I guess this is the right place to post it to (apologies for the mods if I posted this in the wrong forum, you are all more than welcome to transfer this thread to the appropriate forum.) But anyways, here's the question, why do games such as GTA V or particularly any game that has multiplayer like GTA V take time to load even on an SSD, does internet also play a key factor to how much time the loading time will be? I'm assuming the SSD already has everything that is needed loaded, it's just the game servers that are slow or either my internet. Though I doubt it's my connection since I have fast internet speed and I don't really have issues with other online games, my ping is always in green and the loading time is fast, but why not in GTA V?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah bulk of the game is loaded. There will still be streamed assets loading on the fly for models and textures as you move around to different areas. The amount of ram you would need for all of it would be scarry. Ssds are heaven when streamed assets is of concern.

Reactions: Iver Hicarte

Iver Hicarte

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Yeah bulk of the game is loaded. There will still be streamed assets loading on the fly for models and textures as you move around to different areas. The amount of ram you would need for all of it would be scarry. Ssds are heaven when streamed assets is of concern.
Thank you so much for helping me with this thread.