[SOLVED] Why do i have bad fps in GTA V?

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
I bought a Asus Rog Strix RX 580 8GB second hand. It working fine in all games in ultra settings,only GTA V is having problems with my pc...
My Setup: Ryzen 5 2400G, 2X8 2666mhz a-data ram. If need more info i'll answer.

Solution
Look in standard and advanced graphics settings if you turn some things up to high you get a warning , example , turn the graphics card setting too high and it will show a red line.

What frame rate are you getting and have you used an independent stress tester or the one that is built into the game , let it run a long time to check fps on different areas of the game.

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
It should run well assuming 1080p or lower, although ultra settings may be a bit too much for a 580. What is cpu and gpu usage when in game? For cpu are any cores hitting 100% usage?

Sorry to ask but this isn’t a cracked version of the game?
It's the legit version on the game,i have problems only in online the gpu was going from 10 to 99 precent. Cpu is like 60 70.

Look in standard and advanced graphics settings if you turn some things up to high you get a warning , example , turn the graphics card setting too high and it will show a red line.

What frame rate are you getting and have you used an independent stress tester or the one that is built into the game , let it run a long time to check fps on different areas of the game.

Reactions: M4R70U
Solution

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020

Okay let me see, i didn't change annyting in the advanced tab+i'am not getting a warning because the gpu has 8gb vram.

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
I get 25-40 fps in gta online. (Can't get more than 40)
No performance change when i drop the settings or resolution.
No change when i put the game in ssd.
I get double the fps in singleplayer.
GPU usage 20%-65% (only in online)
CPU usage 45%-50%.
My Specs:
Ryzen 5 2400g 3,6ghz (sometimes goes up to 4ghz)
16GB ram-2x8 2666mhz adata
ROG STRIX RX 580 8GB uses 60-90 watts while playing.
Mobo:A320 MSI
PSU:Seasonic S12III-650 80 Plus Bronze
1680x1050 resolution. (16:10)
I don't have problems in any other game,only in gta it's like that for some reason...
Hope you guys can help :)
Settings1
Settings2
Settings3
Settings4

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Your links don't work...none of them.

You might want to include the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're at the time of writing. The next thing we need is the make and model of your PSU. If the unit is used, include the age of the unit.

Mind sharing where you sourced the game from? Out of further curiosity, can you state the bandwidth you're paying for from your ISP? Might need to uninstall and reinstall your NIC drivers(wireless or Ethernet) and also make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10).

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020

You might want to include the make and model of your motherboard and the BIOS version you're at the time of writing. The next thing we need is the make and model of your PSU. If the unit is used, include the age of the unit.

Mind sharing where you sourced the game from? Out of further curiosity, can you state the bandwidth you're paying for from your ISP? Might need to uninstall and reinstall your NIC drivers(wireless or Ethernet) and also make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10).
[/QUOT

Hope the links work now,also updated the links!

M4R70U

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020

I got the game from epic games store,my internet speed is 100mbs (Ethernet) cable.