Question Why do I lose my internet when I try to change and save a security setting on my router?

Aug 26, 2019
...I'm using a old DR 615 Dlink router...originally it worked fine, but now it has no security. When I try to change the security to "WPA Personal" I lose the internet completely...I then must reset the router to default to get the internet back...but "open" with no security....ps. I've been changing security with the manual setting....should I try and use the "Setting Wizard instead?...thanks JG

Aug 26, 2019
...thanks I'll try some of that...I do know that
the wireless network properties on my computer only has two settings..."none" and "WEP."
...I don't think I like that, but it is only a temporary computer till Xmas...lol

The security mode at the router has 4 settings..."none" "WEP" "WPA-Personal" and "WPA- Enterprise."
...There's no WPA settings at the computer that I can see
...Both settings on "none" works...but not acceptable.
...I've tried both settings on WEP...but lost internet.

I guess I can try setting to WEP again and rebooting everything...but you know...awhile back I didn't check my computers network properties, but I know I set the router to WPA-personal and everything worked fine...I'm getting a little frustrated.

I did purchase a T LINK Archer-7 router about a month ago and tried to set it up...I couldn't get my internet working....maybe because my IP changed... So I guess I have more than one problem...lol