Question Why do my games keep crashing ?

Feb 25, 2023
The problem is whenever I try to play a game it keeps saying that a driver timeout occured.
I have an AMD GPU and I can't seem to find any out of date drivers in the AMD Software Adrenaline Edition
I also have an ASUS Motherboard with the Armoury Crate app and there dont seem to be any updates pending there.
Like for example when i launch Asassins Creed Mirage it goes fine for a minute or two, but then just completely crashes and The same Driver timeout message pops op
I really need help with this

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi
GPU: AMD RX 6950XT 16Vram
CPU: Ryzen 7700x
RAM: 32GB, DDR5 6000mhz
PSU: Corsair HX850 Platinum
Cooler: Twister DX-240

Note: I might reply a few hours late because its night here.

Last edited:
How do i find my bios?
And yes i am on Windows
Windows 11
In the windows search bar at the bottom, type in 'system information' and it will say your BIOS version listed in there. Do you know what speed your RAM is running at? (i had a similar issue when trying to run my RAM at 6000MHz using EXPO until I did a BIOS update.) Can you run https://www.userbenchmark.com/ and send a link to your result.

Feb 25, 2023
Its the one above SMBIOS but looking at your userbenchmark, the BIOS looks like an older version. I have the same motherboard and cpu and like I said before, I was having a similar issue with games crashing when I first built it. But we need to know the BIOS version you have running as I imagine, you will probably need to update it.

Feb 25, 2023
Its the one above SMBIOS but looking at your userbenchmark, the BIOS looks like an older version. I have the same motherboard and cpu and like I said before, I was having a similar issue with games crashing when I first built it. But we need to know the BIOS version you have running as I imagine, you will probably need to update it.
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0821, 11/15/2022

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0821, 11/15/2022

Reactions: kurdtnz
Weird, that BIOS isnt even on the list, must of been the very first? Anyways, you definitely need to update it to the latest version. If you have never done this before, there are plenty of videos to show you how, there's probably one for this exact motherboard. But, make sure you are comfortable with the procedure as doing it incorrectly can brick your motherboard, (but it is pretty simple.)

Reactions: Why_Me
Feb 25, 2023
Weird, that BIOS isnt even on the list, must of been the very first? Anyways, you definitely need to update it to the latest version. If you have never done this before, there are plenty of videos to show you how, there's probably one for this exact motherboard. But, make sure you are comfortable with the procedure as doing it incorrectly can brick your motherboard, (but it is pretty simple.)
alright so its mostly the BIOS problem?

Latest posts