Question Why does 1080p 144hz doesnt work with gtx 650 1gb zotac version with a dvi-d dual link cable the monitor becomed blurry when I set it to anything abov

Oct 2, 2024
Why does 1080p 144hz doesnt work with gtx 650 1gb zotac version with a dvi-d dual link cable the monitor becomed blurry when I set it to anything above 60hz and the monitor supports 1920x1080p 144hz native
The monitor name is asus vg248qe 3d vision monitor anyone please help

Oct 2, 2024
After setting to 144Hz does resolution remain on 1080p or does it drop in resolution after applying? Show a screenshot of Windows or NvidiaCP resolution page after setting Hz.

I seen this https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=2349 Zotac 650 might not support dual link dvi properly.

Could give custom resolution utility a go.

After setting to 144Hz does resolution remain on 1080p or does it drop in resolution after applying? Show a screenshot of Windows or NvidiaCP resolution page after setting Hz.

I seen this https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?t=2349 Zotac 650 might not support dual link dvi properly.

Could give custom resolution utility a go.
It says 1920x1080 in Windows settings and nvidia control panel but in the monitor menu it says 960x1080

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Seems like monitor isn't receiving the bandwidth which is strange because Windows should be aware of it. Windows still thinks 1080p 144hz is possible.

Try another DVI DL cable. Startech or other with high review ratings.

Still, i wonder if Zotac limited it's 650 model to single link DVI.

What's the rest of your PC specs? Couldn't you go for a better card with Displayport?

Oct 2, 2024
Seems like monitor isn't receiving the bandwidth which is strange because Windows should be aware of it. Windows still thinks 1080p 144hz is possible.

Try another DVI DL cable. Startech or other with high review ratings.

Still, i wonder if Zotac limited it's 650 model to single link DVI.

What's the rest of your PC specs? Couldn't you go for a better card with Displayport?
I use a PremiumCord dvi-d dual-link cable bought it from amazon

And my pc specs, pc case is dell precision t3500 and my cpu is xeon l5640 and my gpu is gtx 650 1gb zotac and i have 16gb of ram 500gb of western digital blue hdd and my monitor is asus vg248qe 3d vision monitor

Oct 2, 2024
Then get one.

It might be a bad cable. Sold as dual link but in fact is only single link.
It could be your monitor is failing or
there's a problem with graphics card/drivers.

Reinstall Nvidia drivers with version provided from zotac support site.
If you get current (newest) drivers, they may have broken compatibility with GTX 650.
But in the packaging it says 24+1 dual link dvi-d

and no my monitor is still new it's not failing

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried older drivers yet as suggested?

Guru3D also offers them, i have searched.

Try that first. Then another DVI cable, your current one could be faulty.

Go from there, whatever that may be.

Oct 2, 2024
I me
Could be bad quality control.
Could be fake product.

How can it be new?
Asus started manufacturing vg248qe 11 years ago.
And have stopped manufacturing them for quite some time n

Could be bad quality control.
Could be fake product.

How can it be new?
Asus started manufacturing vg248qe 11 years ago.
And have stopped manufacturing them for quite some time now.
I mean it isn't used that much

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
then I will buy a new gpu soon

can you suggest me the best mid range graphics cards from nvidia or amd in 2024?

Sorry, I don't play games so I only use on-board graphics.

Some articles on the net. You have to make your own decision according to your budegt
https://www.techradar.com/news/best-cheap-graphics-cards-2020-the-top-graphics-cards-on-a-budget
https://www.tomshardware.com/review...ection-choosing-among-the-best-graphics-cards

Oct 2, 2024
then I will buy a new gpu soon
144 Hz , my bad
can you suggest me the best mid range graphics cards from nvidia or amd in 2024
Thanks for your time and effort i appreciate your help