[SOLVED] Why does it only show that i have 8gbs of ram ??

Jul 4, 2020
i have 16gbs (2x8) of ram but in geoforce experience it shows in my rig i only have 8 gbs of ram. I also have a micro atx motherboard and the max amount of memory is 32 gbs how do i make it show that ihave 16 gbs??

Solution
i have 16gbs (2x8) of ram but in geoforce experience it shows in my rig i only have 8 gbs of ram. I also have a micro atx motherboard and the max amount of memory is 32 gbs how do i make it show that ihave 16 gbs??
First check that all your modules are in the correct slots stated by the manual and they are showing up in the bios. If it says 8GB in bios, check your modules to make sure they are properly seated in the slots.

If it says 16GB in bios, but only 8GB in Windows, you may have to just change a setting to stop Windows from reserving 8GB of ram. open the Start menu and type msconfig and open msconfig. Open the boot tab and then click the advanced options tab. Uncheck maximum memory if it's checked off and click ok and...

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Not enough information to go on. Please Describe your component Model:

-Motherboard
-CPU
-RAM

Otherwise try to check on "Task Manager" --->"More detail" ----> Performance-----> Memory
does the number on it are the same?

SM/Madao

Great
Jul 2, 2020
Reactions: Turtle Rig
First check that all your modules are in the correct slots stated by the manual and they are showing up in the bios. If it says 8GB in bios, check your modules to make sure they are properly seated in the slots.

If it says 16GB in bios, but only 8GB in Windows, you may have to just change a setting to stop Windows from reserving 8GB of ram. open the Start menu and type msconfig and open msconfig. Open the boot tab and then click the advanced options tab. Uncheck maximum memory if it's checked off and click ok and then click ok again to close msconfig. Reboot your system and check it again.

Solution