[SOLVED] why does low resolution video graphic card require small screen size

Oct 26, 2019
I imagine that the pixel is a an electronic point in one scquare, and in each square we have only one pixel, so when the resolution increase the more pixcels are added; which means the more squares added too in same number of pixcels.
let's suppose we have a graphic card which has resolution 640 * 480 ( i ve seen documentry which said that this card requares screen 14")
if we use in two computers, which have same performance except the size screen .
the first screen is small size and the second is bigger
does the second screen will display low qualty compared to the first screen.
the idea in my mind is the bigger screen size has more inches , but as the same video card is used ; the more the square which hold the pixel would have bigger size so the qualty reduced because there would be more space between each one of pixels
may be i m confused between ink printers function and monitor
so please i d like to get an answer for this question
I'm new at this forum and have heard good things for it :)
I'd like to get help from you friends
my regards!

Solution
If you have twenty "squares/pixels" in a one inch space it is going to LOOK much better than if you have twenty squares in a two inch space, because the twenty squares in a two inch space are going to be MUCH bigger. So at any given resolution, whether 720p, 1080p, 1440p or 4k, the smaller the screen is, the smaller the pixels are going to be and the clearer and sharper the image is going to LOOK.

An image at 1080p on a 24" screen will probably not have pixels that you can see individually. An image at 1080p on a 32" screen will DEFINITELY have pixels that you can see individually. Seeing pixels individually instead of them all blending in together looks BAD.

The larger the screen is, the higher (Usually) that you want the resolution...

USAFRet

Titan
At a resolution of 640x480, there are 640 individual pixels across the screen, left to right. 480 top to bottom.

On a 14" screen, that number of pixels is small.
On a 27" screen, with the same number of pixels across, each of those 640 pixels is much larger.
At a similar viewing distance, you can see the blockiness much more on the larger screen.

If you have twenty "squares/pixels" in a one inch space it is going to LOOK much better than if you have twenty squares in a two inch space, because the twenty squares in a two inch space are going to be MUCH bigger. So at any given resolution, whether 720p, 1080p, 1440p or 4k, the smaller the screen is, the smaller the pixels are going to be and the clearer and sharper the image is going to LOOK.

An image at 1080p on a 24" screen will probably not have pixels that you can see individually. An image at 1080p on a 32" screen will DEFINITELY have pixels that you can see individually. Seeing pixels individually instead of them all blending in together looks BAD.

The larger the screen is, the higher (Usually) that you want the resolution to be, BUT, you must also account for the fact that for gaming at least, higher resolution means a lot more work and a lot less performance from your graphics card too, so you need to consider whether a high resolution will mean that your graphics card cannot provide the level of performance that you require it to, and make a balance between what looks good and what gives you good performance.

For regular use or watching movies and video, high resolution can be used on practically any graphics card, as that is not very demanding even at 4k. For gaming, even 1440p is rather demanding.

Solution
You don't need a certain size screen for a set resolution.

If the resolution of the screen is the same:
As the screen gets bigger, the pixels get bigger and the screen will appear less clear. If the screen is smaller, the pixels get smaller and the screen looks sharper.

The amount of pixels per inch or ppi is a major contributing factor to the clarity of a screen. A smaller low resolution screen may look just as clear as a larger higher resolution screen if there is an equal amount of pixels in one inch of screen.

Printers don't use pixels. They print tons of ink dots to make an image. The number of these dots in a given area determines the clarity. Dpi or dots per inch is how it is measured.