[SOLVED] Why does my Bios Screen Freeze with a Secondary M.2 installed?

Dec 26, 2020
I currently have a Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 installed with windows, with it being only 500GB I was running into space issues, So i ended up getting a SK Hynix Gold P31 SSD M.2 with it being 1TB to fix the space issues. With the samsung having my windows installed on it, runs perfectly fine, goes right through to windows, however; soon as the 2nd M.2 has been plugged in it gets to the "Republic of gamers" screen and asks for me to push F2 or delete... well it doesn't do anything no matter how many times i may press said buttons and it freezes on that page with no success.. i remove 2nd M.2 and perfectly fine once more.

I have also swapped the M.2 in each slot with my samsung still only be the working one.
Cleard CMOS by the battery

Idk if theres a compatability issue or im over looking something or i have to set it up for a 2nd?

With the 2nd m.2 out I have gone through Bios seeing if there was a bootable issue i could see, I research for hours now with no fix. currently i have :

Bios Mode : legacy (not sure if thats right or not)
PCH storage config : AHCI
Launch CSM: Enabled
Bootable Device Control : UEFI and Legacy
Boot from Storage Device : Legacy
Boot from PCIE Devices: Legacy

Sys Info:

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 10 x64
Version : 10.0 18363 Build 18363
Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz
Bios Version/ Date: American Megatrends inc. 1105 11/4/2019
SMBIOS version : 3.2
Embedded Controller: 255.255
Bios Mode : Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO
BaseBoard Version: Rev X.0x

Solution
I recall seeing someone with a similar issue to yours and another forum member being able to solve their problem...

If I remember correctly, the reason you're having problems is because you're trying to install 2x NVMe M.2 drives. The board doesn't support that configuration.
It DOES support 1x NVMe M.2 and 1x M.2 SATA/SATA M.2* drives. *[Looks like the terms are interchangeable.]
iu
Asus doesn't clearly state this on the website nor the online manual; I looked at 'em, and I was confused!

The reason the Samsung is the 'only working one' when you swap the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I recall seeing someone with a similar issue to yours and another forum member being able to solve their problem...

If I remember correctly, the reason you're having problems is because you're trying to install 2x NVMe M.2 drives. The board doesn't support that configuration.
It DOES support 1x NVMe M.2 and 1x M.2 SATA/SATA M.2* drives. *[Looks like the terms are interchangeable.]
iu
Asus doesn't clearly state this on the website nor the online manual; I looked at 'em, and I was confused!

The reason the Samsung is the 'only working one' when you swap the drives between slots is because it's already established as your C drive.

Solution