[SOLVED] Why does my dads phone cause me 200 ping while my phone doesn't affect the internet?

Aug 9, 2020
Whenever my dad uses his phone to browse the internet the game I'm playing gets over 200 ping and if I'm watching netflix the video freezes. However, if I'm using my phone to do the same stuff it doesn't affect my ping in any way. What might be the cause and how do I prevent it.

Last edited:
Solution
Wifi is almost magic. Routers provide almost no diagnostic data on wifi connections. It has to be some form of interference which you already suspect but there are no real options to do anything about it.

I assume you pc is using wifi. Can you change to use the other 2.4g or 5g band from what you are currently using. This should put you on different radio connections to the router. This may also be why your phone does not cause interference if it not connecting to the same radio.
Wifi is almost magic. Routers provide almost no diagnostic data on wifi connections. It has to be some form of interference which you already suspect but there are no real options to do anything about it.

I assume you pc is using wifi. Can you change to use the other 2.4g or 5g band from what you are currently using. This should put you on different radio connections to the router. This may also be why your phone does not cause interference if it not connecting to the same radio.

Solution