Question Why does my laptop act up when plugged in?

Nov 11, 2021
I would use something like Cpuid HWMonitor, free version, to check the system voltages while your ac plug is being used.HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID Perhaps if you have the same type of ac plug available try that one. You can also try uninstalling your gpu driver and reinstalling the newest version, See DDU uninstaller on my page.
Thanks for your reply!

What am I looking out for in the voltages? Am I looking for sudden drops/spikes? I don't know what the voltage numbers should look like so I won't know if something is up.

Also my ac plug has "10A 250V~" on it, does that mean it can only take an input of 250V?đź—ż

Thanks for your reply!

What am I looking out for in the voltages? Am I looking for sudden drops/spikes? I don't know what the voltage numbers should look like so I won't know if something is up.

Also my ac plug has "10A 250V~" on it, does that mean it can only take an input of 250V?đź—ż
That is what the plug is rated for that doesn't mean the laptop is drawing that much power. If you look at the top of the hwmonitor app it lists voltages to the left. It will then show you what the computer is actually getting. It should have readouts near what the listed voltages show. https://prnt.sc/QMuOK--mKh2v

Nov 11, 2021
That is what the plug is rated for that doesn't mean the laptop is drawing that much power.
No I mean cause Egypt has a 220V supply voltage. Maybe that's the problem idk? Should I get a voltage converter or smth.

If you look at the top of the hwmonitor app it lists voltages to the left. It will then show you what the computer is actually getting. It should have readouts near what the listed voltages show. https://prnt.sc/QMuOK--mKh2v

Yeah I see but what do I do with that? What does it tell me? What should I be checking?

Also check what your windows power setting is. Plugging it in may change the setting to something like power saving. You would want at least balanced or high performance when gaming.
It's been on balanced, and now it's on best performance. And now fifa 22 is working as it should.. further testing required.

Last edited: