Question Why does my mic sound so bad on my pc, but good when using it with my ps4 controller?

May 17, 2019
My mic on my computer sounds bad with a lot of background noise, when im using it on my ps4 controller, it sounds much better.. Any way to fix it?

Hello

Can you please confirm if it's a laptop? If so, after connecting your mic, make sure the headset's mic is selected and is set as default in the Recording tab of the Sound box.

If there's a humming sound, please try unplugging your computer from the power supply and see the disturbance goes away.

Please report back with the results if the problem persists, and you need any further assistance.

Cheers!!

May 17, 2019
Hello

Can you please confirm if it's a laptop? If so, after connecting your mic, make sure the headset's mic is selected and is set as default in the Recording tab of the Sound box.

If there's a humming sound, please try unplugging your computer from the power supply and see the disturbance goes away.

Please report back with the results if the problem persists, and you need any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Its a desktop.. The mic is also selected as default.. The mic works but it just sounds super bad

Its a desktop.. The mic is also selected as default.. The mic works but it just sounds super bad
Hello again

Can you please check if any updates are available for the audio card driver, and that the BIOS is updated as well?

When you say the audio is 'bad', what kind of bad is it? I mean, is it too low, does it have some disturbance, is it too high and/or distorted, etc.?

Depending on the type of output the device is generating, the solution may vary.

Cheers!!

May 17, 2019
I checked for new drivers. I came in contact with microsoft support and they made me reinstall windows home with some program or whatever but that did not work.
When i go in the settings where you can turn the volume up and down, when i have it at 100, the mic is super low. If i turn up dB, i can hear myself, and clearly, but there is a lot of static background noise.
Another thing, i have a mic with a physical mute function where you can mute the mic by dragging it up on the headset. Even when i have it muted, i still hear that background noise