[SOLVED] why does my motherboard only recognize 2 out of my 4 fans?

Solution
Corsair CO-8950020
I found this:
"There are no brains in this unit, it is literally just wiring, so anyone who says that it doesn't work is not using it correctly. The 3 pin connection on the end MUST be connected to a lighting controller of some type. The 3 pins are 5 volts, data and ground.
The data is simply wired to one of the middle pins of port 1 (data in for the fan). The other middle pin on port 1 is data out from the fan that gets sent to data in for fan 2. This pattern continues for all 6 connections.

Basically, this just provides for a somewhat unconventional way to daisy chain up to 6 fans so only 1 port of a RGB controller is needed.

If you don't connect some sort of controller to the "in port" on the end, it won't...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Details missing.
3pin? 4pin?
Using 4pin splitters with 3pin?
IF I remember correctly, you can't control 3pin fans in the same manner: using them with 4pin splitters or in 4pin headers will make them run full speed by default.
I could be wrong.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair CO-8950020
I found this:
"There are no brains in this unit, it is literally just wiring, so anyone who says that it doesn't work is not using it correctly. The 3 pin connection on the end MUST be connected to a lighting controller of some type. The 3 pins are 5 volts, data and ground.
The data is simply wired to one of the middle pins of port 1 (data in for the fan). The other middle pin on port 1 is data out from the fan that gets sent to data in for fan 2. This pattern continues for all 6 connections.

Basically, this just provides for a somewhat unconventional way to daisy chain up to 6 fans so only 1 port of a RGB controller is needed.

If you don't connect some sort of controller to the "in port" on the end, it won't do anything.
If you don't plug a fan into port 1 first, ports 2-6 won't do anything.
If you don't plug fans into port 1 & 2 first, ports 3-6 won't do anything.
If you don't plug fans into port 1, 2 & 3 first, ports 4-6 won't do anything.
If you don't plug fans into port 1, 2, 3 & 4 first, ports 5-6 won't do anything.
If you don't plug fans into port 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 first, port 6 won't do anything.
(Basically, start at 1 and don't skip any).
If you don't connect the SATA power, it won't do anything."

Solution