Question why does my MSI Z170A-PRO always boot into BIOS first?

Feb 9, 2022
So this has been happening for I think two months I can't remember when it started. But it didnt happen before. what happens now is when I turn on my PC it immediately boots into BIOS without me even touching the keyboard. I don't touch the power key for more than a second. It never used to do this. before I would press the power button and then it would boot straight into windows. if anyone has any advice I would appreicate it.

Feb 9, 2022
hey chris!
Have you checked in the bios which device is the system? take a look at the bios and see if the hd or ssd, or whatever storage device you use, see if they are recognized in the bios, if yes, try to change the device and select the one that the system is. need to boot from it.

Feb 9, 2022
hey chris!
Have you checked in the bios which device is the system? take a look at the bios and see if the hd or ssd, or whatever storage device you use, see if they are recognized in the bios, if yes, try to change the device and select the one that the system is. need to boot from it.

That was one of the first things i did. The first boot option is [Windows Boot Manager] intel 512etc. Then i changed the rest of the boot options to nothing so only that was available

Feb 9, 2022
Awarding yourself the Best Answer is not permitted here. Please do not repeat this behavior.
hey chris!
So I went into the BIOS the boot priority only said Windows boot manager it didnt show a hdd name next to it. I went into the bbs priorities and disabled it and then reenabled it and that seems to have worked.

TRENDING THREADS