Question Why does rendering with rsmb in sony vegas take so long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2019
I have an i7 8700k 4.3 ghz 16gb tridentz rgb 3200 mhz ram 2070 rtx geforce graphics card. I render at 2560x1440p and it takes a 30-40 minutes video 50 ish minutes but when i render a 30 seconds clip with rsmb it take literally 30 minutes. I dont understand why. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I use Main concept Avc to encode. 44,000,000 bitrate i think. audio on 320,000 bitrate. not sure on the other settings, thinking of this off the top of my head.
Let me know if you have a solution!!

Jun 12, 2019
I have an i7 8700k 4.3 ghz 16gb tridentz rgb 3200 mhz ram 2070 rtx geforce graphics card. I render at 2560x1440p and it takes a 30-40 minutes video 50 ish minutes but when i render a 30 seconds clip with RealSmart Motion Blur it take literally 30 minutes. I dont understand why. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I use Main concept Avc to encode. 44,000,000 bitrate i think. audio on 320,000 bitrate. not sure on the other settings, thinking of this off the top of my head.
Let me know if you have a solution!!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sony got into a tiff with nvidia years ago, and hasn't had decent nvidia support since the 500 series.
Also, the programs use different algorithms and code to do the work. Sony works far better with the way Radeons work, not so well using Cuda. Just as AutoCad works better on intel/nvidia than it does on amd/amd.

That all changed with Magix Vegas, which uses Cuda far mor effectively.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Amd and nvidia do things slightly differently, same as Intel and amd are not the same cpu, even though the end result is similar. Android and Apple the same, different.

As a consequence, the code written has a tendency to favor one process or the other. AutoCad uses Cuda cores more effectively than gflops, so nvidia cards are better. Sony and nvidia had a corporate issue years ago, so the end result was very little cooperation when the gtx600 series came out. Ineffective drivers. So the gflops usage by amd was far superior. This continued all the same way up to SVP 14 I believe. After that, Vegas changed and is now Magix Vegas, not Sony Vegas. Magix went straight to nvidia as it's first source, more ppl own/buy nvidia cards like Quattro's etc, so that was a money decision.

So depending on if you have Sony Vegas or Magix Vegas, working with a nvidia gpu is either relatively crappy performance or good performance. Since you said Sony Vegas, running an nvidia card and having issues is pretty much a given. If using Magix Vegas and nvidia, that's a whole different story.

Jun 12, 2019
Ok i think i kinda understand. I have sony vegas 15 is that the same as magix vegas or should i "get" sony vegas 16? do you have a link to the magix vegas version that you are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.