[SOLVED] Why does some button on my keyboards doesn't work?

Mar 9, 2021
Some button on my keyboards doesn't work. I need to press repeatedly/hold it until the letter shows, and sometimes when I want to capitalize the letters by holding shift, it won't work at all. Those buttons are "E" "R" "F" "5" "F5" "F6" "Right Arrow Key".

Solution
It's about 3 years old. Yeah I used to clean it. Well, it has been abused twice or thrice. I don't think so. No, nothing but dry stuff.
It is most likly a dying relay in the board then
Oh, I forgot to mention that it's a laptop. Do you think changing the keyboard would fix the problem? I kinda want to try that.
Yes changing the keyboard will deffenetly help laptop keyboards are not so great at taking abuse the fact it lasted three years after which is really good the boards are supper thin and weak the relays have like no protection.
Some button on my keyboards doesn't work. I need to press repeatedly/hold it until the letter shows, and sometimes when I want to capitalize the letters by holding shift, it won't work at all. Those buttons are "E" "R" "F" "5" "F5" "F6" "Right Arrow Key".
There maybe a dying relay in the board and the keys just so happen to all be on the same one. With a odd routing

Reactions: Trave167
How old is the board is it maintained "cleaned" can of air all that..... Is it abused??? Angery gamers in the house???? Anything spilled on it??

It's about 3 years old. Yeah I used to clean it. Well, it has been abused twice or thrice. I don't think so. No, nothing but dry stuff.
Oh, I forgot to mention that it's a laptop. Do you think changing the keyboard would fix the problem? I kinda want to try that.
Yes changing the keyboard will deffenetly help laptop keyboards are not so great at taking abuse the fact it lasted three years after which is really good the boards are supper thin and weak the relays have like no protection.

Solution
Mar 9, 2021

Ah I see. I'll try changing the keyboard and see if it works, thanks for the advices and answers

Reactions: white.a.drew
Ah I see. I'll try changing the keyboard and see if it works, thanks for the advices and answers
Your welcome i always hated laptop keyboards for that one reason i cant be my angery gamer self "WHAT""BANG FIST INTO KEYBOARD""" WHAT DO YOU MEAN A CLEAN PERFECT HEAD SHOT MISSED AND HE HIT ME"""" yeah no i have to buy lots of ones if i go that route. Cant sorry desktop keyboard all the way
Edit 2 a year vs 12

Mar 9, 2021
Your welcome i always hated laptop keyboards for that one reason i cant be my angery gamer self "WHAT""BANG FIST INTO KEYBOARD""" WHAT DO YOU MEAN A CLEAN PERFECT HEAD SHOT MISSED AND HE HIT ME"""" yeah no i have to buy lots of ones if i go that route. Cant sorry desktop keyboard all the way
Edit 2 a year vs 12
Lol, I totally agree