Question Why does Windows run really slow after a motherboard upgrade?

Dec 25, 2019
So I recently installed a new motherboard, CPU, GPU and RAM. After doing all of this Windows has been really suffering performance wise. I can tell you that I have reinstalled Windows after a friend recommended me to do so with no change.

What can I do to stop this if there is a way?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: Aorus 570x I Pro Wifi
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Super X
RAM: 8x2GB Corsair Vengeance RGB

D

Deleted member 14196

Edit. Never mind

Did you do a clean install where are you format the drive and reinstall it from scratch? Because if you haven’t that is probably related to your problem

Dec 25, 2019
Have ran windows update, nothing really special going on there. I already seem to have the appropriate drivers. I have done fresh clean installs too. As for the motherboard bios version I think it is the most recent version?

WolfandTheJoker

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
Maybe a disk defrag. I know it will take a while. Another thing you can do is go to task manager and disable programs that run upon start up. For me Origin always caused problems with speed when i had it working at start up. Sorry for the extra input.

Dec 25, 2019
Maybe a disk defrag. I know it will take a while. Another thing you can do is go to task manager and disable programs that run upon start up. For me Origin always caused problems with speed when i had it working at start up. Sorry for the extra input.
Ill give defragging the drive a go. I find it odd how in an old rig the mouse pointer goes smoothly across the screen. now its all stuttery.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
stuttery and the like is usually related to gpu unless the cpu is currently maxed out.

look at task manager and see if the cpu is maxed or not. this should get you pointed at least in the right direction. if cpu is maxed what does task manager say is using it? this is where to start before doing another fresh install.