[SOLVED] Why doesn't my monitor turn on?

Aug 5, 2019
I've used this monitor for about a month, the same time I started using my new pc. After I came home today after leaving my pc turned on in a game my monitor started to turn on and off (off for about 5-10 sec and on for 1-2). I tried it on other computers aswell but it does the same thing there. I've switched power cables and its still the same! I've even tried different hdmi cables. What could be the problem then?

Solution
By power cables, do you mean the actual cable itself or the entire power brick?

If just the cable, then try to swap in a different power brick with the exact same DC voltage as the one you currently have. Make sure the DC amps are the same or higher, as a lower DC amperage could result in major strain in the power brick. Also make sure the polarity is the same as your current brick.

centre-polarity.png

mangaman

Honorable
By power cables, do you mean the actual cable itself or the entire power brick?

If just the cable, then try to swap in a different power brick with the exact same DC voltage as the one you currently have. Make sure the DC amps are the same or higher, as a lower DC amperage could result in major strain in the power brick. Also make sure the polarity is the same as your current brick.

centre-polarity.png

Solution