Question Why doesnt the MoBo detect update file to upgrade bios?

Jan 5, 2020
Trying to update ASrock B450M Pro4-CB MoBo For Ryzen 3000 chip but as soon as i go into bios to flash it with a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 stick Formatted in Fat32 with Rufus , the mobo cant detect image. What am i doing wrong or is this mobo locked?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums.

You don't need such a large pen drive to do a small task. See if you can source a pen drive that is 8GB in size, format the drive on a donor system(without Rufus) in FAT32 and have the BIOS .rom file on it's parent directory.

Which version of BIOS are you currently on? Which processor are you currently working with?

Reactions: ThatGuyBriBri
Jan 5, 2020
[QUOTE="Lutfij, post: 21504278, member: 290899"]
Welcome to the forums.

You don't need such a large pen drive to do a small task. See if you can source a pen drive that is 8GB in size, format the drive on a donor system(without Rufus) in FAT32 and have the BIOS .rom file on it's parent directory.

Which version of BIOS are you currently on? Which processor are you currently working with?
[/QUOTE]

Thank You So Much! Truly appreciate any advice given since i have just started upgrading a prebuilt system. Its my entry in the PC gaming world and doing any work on a PC in general.

So the reason for such a big capacity is that its for other purposes like transferring files from desktop to laptop although im sure its not the best to use one USB for everything especially updating bios. I just didn't think capacity mattered but the bios is P1.30
CPU:Ryzen 5 2600 six core. Didnt seem like rocket science but i guess there's more to it than i thought.

Trying to update ASrock B450M Pro4-CB MoBo For Ryzen 3000 chip but as soon as i go into bios to flash it with a PNY 128GB USB 3.0 stick Formatted in Fat32 with Rufus , the mobo cant detect image. What am i doing wrong or is this mobo locked?
Is BIOS file in this format "B45mp4_3.90" or did you copy in .zip format ?? Like this "B450M Pro4(3.90)ROM.zip"

I downloaded it from Asrocks Website and then extracted the zipped file within the USB. It shows up like this" B45MP4F1 "
Check for full name and version again, methinks you got a wrong one.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp

Jan 5, 2020
Check for full name and version again, methinks you got a wrong one.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4/index.asp

Well the motherboard looks more like the b450m Pro-4 F than the Pro 4, and my current bios is 1.30 which isn't even a bios update listed in the motherboard that you linked to so i think mine might be like the Pro-4 F. Even so Should i try downloading one of the bios updates for The pro 4 just to see if it pops up? Might just get a better MoBo

Well the motherboard looks more like the b450m Pro-4 F than the Pro 4, and my current bios is 1.30 which isn't even a bios update listed in the motherboard that you linked to so i think mine might be like the Pro-4 F. Even so Should i try downloading one of the bios updates for The pro 4 just to see if it pops up? Might just get a better MoBo
"Looks like" is not enough. isn't there a sticker or print on MB that can definitively identify MB and it's version ? You can also try another BIOS, worst that can happen is for BIOS to reject it.