[SOLVED] why i get bad fps in gta with a 3060

Oct 26, 2021
so i recently bought a new 3060 and installed it and everything and i installed gta and i get 30-40 fps with the lowest graphics so i asking here i've tried ddu and everything here is my specs:

cpu: amd ryzen 7 2700x
ram: 2x 8 gb 3000mhz
motherboard: rog strix B450-F

Solution
gta 5
i saw some yt videos ands they had 3060 and they got like 120 fps but i get 30-40
that game isnt gpu demanding, its about CPU...but having runiing it below 60fps with your hardware points to your system not being setup right
try turning off some security features
in bios:
disable NX and SVM
in windows:
local security policy (secpol.msc)-> local policies -> user rights assignment -> lock pages in memory -> here change it to users
registry editor ->
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe]
"UseLargePages"=dword:00000001
replace YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe with gta executable
gta 5
i saw some yt videos ands they had 3060 and they got like 120 fps but i get 30-40
that game isnt gpu demanding, its about CPU...but having runiing it below 60fps with your hardware points to your system not being setup right
try turning off some security features
in bios:
disable NX and SVM
in windows:
local security policy (secpol.msc)-> local policies -> user rights assignment -> lock pages in memory -> here change it to users
registry editor ->
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe]
replace YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe with gta executable

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Is DLSS turned on, is Ray Tracing turned off, what are the settings? Did you just enable optimized through GeForce Experience?

Just because you got a car with a V8 doesn't mean you immediately get to compare it to Nascar. It takes some love and understanding first.

Oct 30, 2021
gta remastered? or that old gta 5 which is mostly CPU bound
around november 11 remaster will be realesed, which should solve old engine performance issue with modern cpu instructions
OP talks about GTA V. Remasters only include the first 3D era games. How could anyone get 30-40 FPS on 15-20 years old games with RTX 3060? You are making zero sense.

Oct 26, 2021
where do i find the:

registry editor ->
replace YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe with gta executable ???

OP talks about GTA V. Remasters only include the first 3D era games. How could anyone get 30-40 FPS on 15-20 years old games with RTX 3060? You are making zero sense.
its not like u cant get gta 5 remaster leaks
where do i find the:

XT5WLwd.png

registry editor ->
replace YOUREXENAMEHERE.exe with gta executable ???
ye its that application executable, it should be gta5.exe

tOmuOrU.png

open registry editor
navigate to image file execution options
right click it and create new key
name it gta5.exe
click it and on right side right click and select new dword 32 bit
rename it to UseLargePages
double click it and change value from 0 to 1