Why im not getting high download speed from microsoft and Akamai servers.

Jul 31, 2018
My Isp provide peering for google,microsoft,akamai servers at speed of1mbps(128KBps).im getting high speed only on google servers(eg.google drive download at 10MBps speed.)why Im not able to get high speed on microsoft servers and akamai servers like google.(eg.my windows update download at normal speed 128KBps).Before i was after to achieve 5MBps speed in origin(gaming platform to download games) download using akamai server but its not happening now? why? same case about windows update too. google peering is working fine (youtube,playstore, android studio download).

You could run tests to speedtest sites in servers near the cites you are downloading from or you could try to find them on different ISP. This way you would run 1 consistent tool rather than downloads many times using different methods.

Still you are to a point over thinking this.

Your traffic only has 1 option you send it over the cable between you and the ISP and the results are returned over the same cable. You have only 1 path to every server in the internet. You can do nothing to control or affect the path the data takes after it reaches the ISP. The ISP may have some issue in their network but the only thing you could do about it is try to find a different ISP which for most people is not a option.

It is unlikely the ISP has that poor of connectivity to other ISP all their customers would cancel. Now this is possible if you are living some place very remote where there is limited connectivity with the rest of the world.

I would veryify that you do not have any form of traffic limiters in your pc or in your router. They are not generally "on" by default because they are hard to set up. You would want to check any firewall or QoS settings in the router or pc. Make sure any of that stupid "gaming" network stuff is disabled. If you have a killer chipset in your motherboard you need to download the drivers without the killer features.