Question Why is 460.83GB of my 1TB hard drive set as unallocated?

Sep 10, 2019
For quite a while now, I have been trying to find out why my hard drive is only showing up as 457GB and I still have absolutely no idea why, and I looked it up on many, many different websites (mainly Google) and almost all of the forum posts and other stuff that I read about jump to another topic, thus nobody answering the main question at hand, so please can someone help me find this out? View: https://imgur.com/a/tDutMu5

Sep 10, 2019
Did you clone a 500gb hard drive previously ?

You should just be able to right click and expand volume.
Wow that was a seriously fast response, but no, the other day when I woke up, I glanced at my computer screen and it said "Your disk space is low" so tbh I'm not sure what happened I just want it fixed

USAFRet

Titan
From that screencap, you cannot Extend the C partition within the functionality of Disk Management.
The Unallocated space would need to be right next to the C.

Possibly you can do this with a 3rd party tool like Minitool Partition Wizard.
But ONLY do this if you have an actual full backup of the entire drive. It is far too easy to click the wrong thing and wipe out your stuff.

Reactions: Wrecker75
Sep 10, 2019
From that screencap, you cannot Extend the C partition within the functionality of Disk Management.
The Unallocated space would need to be right next to the C.

Possibly you can do this with a 3rd party tool like Minitool Partition Wizard.
But ONLY do this if you have an actual full backup of the entire drive. It is far too easy to click the wrong thing and wipe out your stuff.
Is there any way at all to fix this without wiping all my data?

Sep 10, 2019
You have to Move the partitions around so that the Unallocate dis next to the one you want to extend.

You can't Extend with something in the middle.
Sorry for the super delayed response, but I was trying to wipe the unallocated space (it took a whopping 3+ hours to do) to see if anything happened, and absolutely nothing, but extend volume doesnt show up even in Minitool
View: https://imgur.com/a/DkG4PiD

To extend C: you'd have to do several steps:
  1. Move page file from D: to C:
  2. Delete partitions OEM 549MB, OEM 832MB and D: 11.9GB ,
  3. This next step is tricky. If done improperly, system becomes unbootable.
a) delete 100MB EFI system partition (Not sure, if that can be done from windows. May be necessary to do from windows installation environment),​
b) create a new EFI system partition, where 549MB partition was,​
c) format newly created partition to fat32, assign drive letter H:,​
d) use bcdboot command to create bootloader files.​
bcdboot c:\windows /s H:
4. At this point all space after C: should be unallocated and you can expand C: