[SOLVED] why is my 144Hz monitor is only showing up as 100Hz?

agentshadowolf

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
So I bought the Dell D2719hgf 27 inch gaming Monitor and it's a 1080p 144hz but when I hooked it up to my computer which has a 1660 graphics card by DisplayPort it's only going to a 100hz. Everything is updated so I don't know why it's not showing up at the full Hertz like it's supposed to.

Solution
Because you have not gone into the Nvidia control panel and SET it for 144hz, or you have not gone into the ACTUAL monitor settings, and set THAT to 144hz using the controls built into the monitor itself. That would be where you want to start, on the monitor's own settings, and follow up with the Nvidia control panel settings.

If you don't HAVE any Nvidia control panel settings, accessible by right clicking the desktop and selecting Nvidia control panel, then you need to INSTALL the latest Nvidia drivers.
Because you have not gone into the Nvidia control panel and SET it for 144hz, or you have not gone into the ACTUAL monitor settings, and set THAT to 144hz using the controls built into the monitor itself. That would be where you want to start, on the monitor's own settings, and follow up with the Nvidia control panel settings.

If you don't HAVE any Nvidia control panel settings, accessible by right clicking the desktop and selecting Nvidia control panel, then you need to INSTALL the latest Nvidia drivers.

Solution