[SOLVED] Why is my 3060ti not using 100%?

Jul 26, 2021
I'm playing new world right now and my gpu is hitting 60% usage, CPU at 50%. I'm using v-sync but it's not at 144fps yet but at around 100-110. Is there something bottlenecking my gpu or is it just the game?

PC:

RTX 3060ti 8GB
I7-10700f 8 cores
32 GB RAM (2x16 2666 mhz)
1TB SSD

Solution
Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilizations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
Likely, the master thread has reached 100% busy.
Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilizations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
Likely, the master thread has reached 100% busy.

Solution
Try changing graphics settings, and see how it affects your FPS. Higher settings can sometimes cause better FPS, and/or tell more about how the game is running on your PC.

I am also not very familiar with New World, but it could have some optimization issues.

I'm playing new world right now and my gpu is hitting 60% usage, CPU at 50%. I'm using v-sync but it's not at 144fps yet but at around 100-110. Is there something bottlenecking my gpu or is it just the game?

PC:

RTX 3060ti 8GB
I7-10700f 8 cores
32 GB RAM (2x16 2666 mhz)
1TB SSD

New world is still in beta; since your hardware looks solid, I would be inclined to believe that maybe it's game-related.

TRENDING THREADS