[SOLVED] why is my 9300h running at base clock and when ididle or 15 sec of starting a game turbo boost but then go back to base clock

Solution
That's the basics of how the cpu operates.
There's no Power Limit Duration for the base frequency, but there is for the turbo ones; it's allowed to run at the turbo frequency for a limited time, after which it's forced to clock back down.
It's all to keep down power consumption as well as thermals. Nothing you can do about it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's the basics of how the cpu operates.
There's no Power Limit Duration for the base frequency, but there is for the turbo ones; it's allowed to run at the turbo frequency for a limited time, after which it's forced to clock back down.
It's all to keep down power consumption as well as thermals. Nothing you can do about it.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
Jun 12, 2020
hi will this work someone told me it works on my laptop...……... Hey! Go to your bios then turn off Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework. This will assure you to squeeze your i5 9300h turbo clockspeeds. However, you must care for your thermals on your laptop since it can reach i maximum value of 95 degrees when in full 4.0 ghz. To prevent that, u must install throttlestop then set your 4 cores turbo for something like 3.1 to 3.4 to prevent excessive heating. I have an Lenovo Ideapad L340 gaming with an i5 also and tried to research on thaht issue but it seems to work for me as well. Undervolt your laptop together with your preffered turbo speed in throttlestop.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
hi will this work someone told me it works on my laptop...……... Hey! Go to your bios then turn off Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework. This will assure you to squeeze your i5 9300h turbo clockspeeds. However, you must care for your thermals on your laptop since it can reach i maximum value of 95 degrees when in full 4.0 ghz. To prevent that, u must install throttlestop then set your 4 cores turbo for something like 3.1 to 3.4 to prevent excessive heating. I have an Lenovo Ideapad L340 gaming with an i5 also and tried to research on thaht issue but it seems to work for me as well. Undervolt your laptop together with your preffered turbo speed in throttlestop.
Yeah, that can definitely work.
The problem, as already stated, is keeping thermals in check...