Why is my Arma3 running at such low FPS??

Jarmahent

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Ok now before you say "Its because you have a bad GPU", Its not, I'm not gonna get into depth onto why I know its not. When I play Arma3 I go into big cities, keep in min that this game has one of the biggest maps ever made in gaming. I go to the city nd my fps is very low, people tell me that its my CPU, I have an AMD FX-6300 which went for approximately $90, about 3.5Ghz with 6 cores and always runs on low temperatures during gaming. While my Arma3 is running and in the biggest town my FPS is about 8-9. While im in the town I check my CPU usage and its very low, why is this? Is there something that I should be considering that I'm not? My GPU is a Radeon R9 270x with 4 gigs.

Solution
Sorry but most likely it is your cpu. Arma 3 is very single core dependent so your not making use of the 6 cores you have. I have the fx 8350 and performance in arma 3 is garbage compared to a comparable i5-i7 Intel. Best thing you can do it lower objects quality and lower your view distance to around 1500.

tx3kgtman

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Sorry but most likely it is your cpu. Arma 3 is very single core dependent so your not making use of the 6 cores you have. I have the fx 8350 and performance in arma 3 is garbage compared to a comparable i5-i7 Intel. Best thing you can do it lower objects quality and lower your view distance to around 1500.

Solution

Jarmahent

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

I do't know what you're trying to say but other than finding out if it's my CPU thats the problem I also wanted to know if theres anyway of making it better since my cpu doesnt seem to be having alot of stress while gaming.

Jarmahent

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

I do't know what you're trying to say but other than finding out if it's my CPU thats the problem I also wanted to know if theres anyway of making it better since my cpu doesnt seem to be having alot of stress while gaming.

Jarmahent

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013

Is there anyway to set the priority higher because I am willing to close all processes during my gameplay to increase my fps?

tx3kgtman

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

You might be able to squeeze 1 or 2 fps out of it by closing all unused processes but its really not gonna help much. It really just comes down to the cpu not being up to par for arma. Not that its a bad cpu just arma isnt multi-core optimized. Best bet is to adjust your graphics settings and view distance and maybe get you an aftermarket cooler to overclock some. Im about to upgrade my PC just because of this issue alone.

Fluffeh Panda

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
Arma 3 is CPU intensive, but that won't really help since the game is badly optimized. I have an AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor (Best one on the AMD market) and I was getting low fps in multiplayer. But after weeks after trying I finally found a fix.

So the first thing you need to do is to unpark all your CPU cores (Google it).
After you have done that go into steam libary and right click Arma 3.
Go down to properties then click it.
Now under the general tab click set launch options. Put this in: -GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 -GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=0 -skipintro -enableHT -high -nologs -nosplash -maxMem=8193 -maxvram=4096 -cpucount=6 -exthreads=7(You may have to change this) -malloc=tbbmalloc

This should add 20-30fps and it's really useful

TRENDING THREADS