Question Why is my CPU and Ram downclocking its FSB and Ram frequency when i reboot my pc?

Aug 2, 2019
I have a intel core 2 quad q9400 @2.66ghz 1333FSB and a 1333mhz (1066mhz if using a 1333fsb cpu) Ram....when i reboot my system..even format and reflash windows, it lowers the FSB from 1333 to 1066 and my ram bus from 532mhz to 426mhz...im running out of solutions ... I've reflashed my bios from old ver. to the latest back n forth..but no success...and my motherboard doesn't even support overclocking when you have a 1333fsb CPU which i have...any ideas?

I also have a dual channel memory..if i remove either one of my ram and turn on my pc, goes back to normal clocks..but when i reboot my pc again without placing either ram i removed, it lowers the fsb and ram frequency again...and same thing will happen when i place the ram back .

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019
Interesting. So how are you getting it to 1333 after a reboot?
When i remove one ram on my dual channel ram..lets say i remove ram in slot 1 or the one in slot 2...then turn on my pc...it goes back to 1333 default...but when i reboot my pc...it now lowers itself to 1066...then turn off my pc again then put back then second ram and turn on...1333 again..then reboot...1066 after booting again

When i remove one ram on my dual channel ram..lets say i remove ram in slot 1 or the one in slot 2...then turn on my pc...it goes back to 1333 default...but when i reboot my pc...it now lowers itself to 1066...then turn off my pc again then put back then second ram and turn on...1333 again..then reboot...1066 after booting again
Got it. When did you notice it start doing this? I would replace the cmos battery as I've read about strange things happening when the voltage gets low.

Aug 2, 2019
Got it. When did you notice it start doing this? I would replace the cmos battery as I've read about strange things happening when the voltage gets low.
It started when i reinstall my OS..i have replaced my Cmos batt. no luck...also..can this be related to a psu issue?