[SOLVED] Why is my CPU running HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerKleineMann

Prominent
Dec 24, 2020
I'm really confused by the temps I get with the r7 3800x, when I benchmark my CPU with Prime95 for longer then 10min. it gets 90 degrees(also happens when gaming but only on modern games like COD:MW). I'm using the noctua NH-d15s and the Sharkoon TG4 case. The Three Fans in the front are intakes and the one on the back is a exhaust fan.
I already:
Reapplied thermal paste(Artic MX4)
Cleaned the PC
Change the CPU Cooler(Recent one was LC-Power Cosmo COOL LC-CC )
Here is a screenshot of: CPU-Z, HWMonitor, Taskmanager
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time!

Solution
Sharkoon TG4
Potential hot box of a chassis.
3 intake fans, but a glass wall in front of 'em, because glass is breathable, right?
There's some little gaps at the sides for intake, but fans draw air in a cone in front of them... plus, the fans in the chassis probably aren't that good for bringing in air around that glass wall.
The chassis also lacks exhaust - there's only one place for it. There will be trouble getting heat out effectively with specific hardware combinations. That, combined with the weak intake...
I suggest a new, more airflow friendly chassis. Ease-up on all the tempered glass. Open mesh is your friend when one is trying to cram hot parts inside a box.

Imgur's servers are either overloaded or undergoing...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Sharkoon TG4
3 intake fans, but a glass wall in front of 'em, because glass is breathable, right?
There's some little gaps at the sides for intake, but fans draw air in a cone in front of them... plus, the fans in the chassis probably aren't that good for bringing in air around that glass wall.
The chassis also lacks exhaust - there's only one place for it. There will be trouble getting heat out effectively with specific hardware combinations. That, combined with the weak intake...
I suggest a new, more airflow friendly chassis. Ease-up on all the tempered glass. Open mesh is your friend when one is trying to cram hot parts inside a box.

Imgur's servers are either overloaded or undergoing maintenance; I'm unable to view the screenshot.

Reactions: DerKleineMann
Solution

DerKleineMann

Prominent
Dec 24, 2020

Imgur's servers are either overloaded or undergoing maintenance; I'm unable to view the screenshot.
So first of all thank you for your answer. I already thought about that do you know any good Cases for Airflow? Thank you in advance

DerKleineMann

Prominent
Dec 24, 2020
I don't know what's available to you, especially if you're outside of the US.
What's available in one country may not be available in another.
That's right but could you please give me an idea about what I have to pay attention to when buying a case because I don't wanna do the same mistake twice

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That's right but could you please give me an idea about what I have to pay attention to when buying a case because I don't wanna do the same mistake twice
It's not TOO difficult.
All four of these chassis have something in common. Take note of what the front intake and the top panel look like.

A PC is a space heater. Air should be allowed to enter and exit smoothly, and only one thing does it better than open mesh.

Reactions: DerKleineMann

DerKleineMann

Prominent
Dec 24, 2020
It's not TOO difficult.
All four of these chassis have something in common. Take note of what the front intake and the top panel look like.

A PC is a space heater. Air should be allowed to enter and exit smoothly, and only one thing does it better than open mesh.
Tha
It's not TOO difficult.

Thank you very much you helped me a lot! Kind regards and best holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.