[SOLVED] Why is my fans showing N/A on my motherboard?

Jul 31, 2020
So I recently built my first PC and kept it budget friendly. I went with a Cooler Master MB 311L case because it had two preinstalled ARGB fans in the front. So then for the motherboard I had to get one that was ARGB compatible. I went with a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M. I built the pc and everything is running. I also bought an additional rear fan from Cooler Master and it works perfeclty but it is a 4 pin connector. The two fans that came with the case are 3 pin connectors (not sure if that makes a difference or not). So the two fans that came with the case are running but my Motherboard shows them as N/A. The argb lighting works on them and everything. Now my rear one shows up on the Motherboard. So what is causing my two front (3 pin connectors) to not show up on my Motherboard but they function and light up like intended. Anyone know what I need to do in order to fix this?

Solution
There's no PWM support on 3 pin fans (they're voltage controlled only), so they don't 'talk' to the MB in terms of feeding tach speed etc.
Jul 31, 2020
There's no PWM support on 3 pin fans (they're voltage controlled only), so they don't 'talk' to the MB in terms of feeding tach speed etc.
Oh okay that makes sense, thank you for clearing that up! Another question now in regards to this, can i buy an adapter ( 3 pin to 4 pin) and get this function or am I just stuck with what I got.