Question Why is my fps low but my cpu and gpu usage is at 20-30%?

Jan 3, 2022
I just bought a new pc with specs r5, 2600 gtx 1650 super
16gb of ram and I’m only getting 20-30 fps on rust and only 60-70fps on csgo.
When I go on task manager my cpu is only at 10-20% usage and gpu at around 40% on max settings
My old pc was r3 2200g with rx580 with 8gb of ram and I was getting triple the fps on both games can anyone help or know any way I can fix this problem?

Jan 3, 2022
I just bought a new pc with specs r5, 2600 gtx 1650 super
16gb of ram and I’m only getting 20-30 fps on rust and only 60-70fps on csgo.
When I go on task manager my cpu is only at 10-20% usage and gpu at around 40% on max settings
My old pc was r3 2200g with rx580 with 8gb of ram and I was getting triple the fps on both games can anyone help or know any way I can fix this problem?

Ralston18

Titan
Drivers up to date on new PC?

Double check and if not then manually download the applicable drivers via the manufacture's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or utilities.

Also in Task Manager: any unknown or unwanted programs being launched via Startup? Good chance that with a new PC there is a bunch of junk programs (aka crapware) installed.

Also look in Resource Monitor.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may also help identify what is apparently slowing fps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Do not randomly stop anything. Make an effort to determine what some unrecognized process or app may be.