Question Why is my GPU not outputting to certain outputs?

May 22, 2019
I've got a bit of an odd issue:
My GPU seems to switch between outputs when booting. (one will work for a couple of times then just stop and I'll have to use another.)

I recently bought a used GTX 1050ti OC edition (4GB) from a friend. I installed it without issues and it worked normally.

The next day I'm web browsing and suddenly the screen just shuts off. turned off the system by holding the power button and then took out the card and examined it. Everything looked like it was in order so I put the card back in and everything booted normally. Later on that day I had turned on my computer, then left the room for a second and when I came back the screen that had been on the windows lock screen was now black and the GPU fans spinning very fast. I again shut down the system and took out the card. When I put it back in it was fine and I proceeded to remove all graphics drivers and install the newest version. Then yesterday morning I turn on my computer and it sounds like its booting normally. The only problem is that the monitor never turns on. I checked my video cable(DVI-D) and everything. Windows was even running (if I pressed a number key the windows DING tone would play)

So in an effort to see what was causing this I totally disassembled, then reassembled my computer. After finishing and turning it on I got the same problem. So I tried switching my output from DVI-D to HDMI and ran it to a little tiny monitor that I use for my DSLR. After restarting the computer and powering it back on I actually got a signal and was able to load windows normally. Since my main monitor doesn't have HDMI and the DVI-D wasn't working, I used an adapter from DP to VGA, and the computer worked normally for the rest of the day with no issues. That leads us to today, When I booted my computer I got the same issue again. I unplugged cables my cables and finally had to power off the system and tried running the HDMI to the small monitor, again that screen had a signal. After booting into windows I was able to plug in my DP and BOOM the main monitor had a signal again.

I don't know what could be causing this issue. The display cable connection seems to be the main issue now but I can't figure out why one output would work for a few times but suddenly stop outputting when I turn the computer on.
My full build specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050ti OC Edition (4GB)
MOBO: Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM
RAM: (2X) Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2666MHz)
PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

This is getting really annoying and would appreciate any help I can get
thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Have you tried removing your GPU drivers using DDU and then reinstalling using the latest found off Nvidia's support site? Speaking of Nvidia, what card were you on prior to the GTX1050Ti? What version of the OS are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

May 22, 2019
I don't believe I am on the latest BIOS version, but I have used DDU to uninstall the drivers then installed the latest from NVIDIA. Before I got the 1050ti I was running a GT630 card.