Question Why is my laptop on charging suddenly from 60 fps goes to 2-10 fps?

vandit.dsyadav

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
I have done everything to prevent this. I have done a factory reset i have done the maximum processor thing, i have undervolted disabled turbo boost. Everything but it still stutters.
My laptop specs:
Hp 15 - da0007ne
Graphic card integrated intel uhd 620 with nvidia GeForce mx 130
Ram: 16 GB
Processor : Intel i7 8th gen 8550 U @1.80Ghz 2.00 Ghz
64 Bit
Please help me somebody i have done a forum in nvidia which was open for 2 months and didn't get a solution

vandit.dsyadav

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
Is the game switching from the mx 130 to the uhd 620? have you tried the settings for nvidia control panel to configure which GPU to use for each game? apologies if you've already tried this
I have done to run it at the default processor at high performance nvidia. I dont know what happens on charging. I cleaned the dust from the fans today also.

vandit.dsyadav

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
You may want to try another AC adapter. Over time the plug loosens up so there is a poor connection, which can slow down the graphics as your latptop continually switching from AC to battery. It could also be the AC adapter shorting out, causing the same issue. Have you tried running you laptop without the battery?
I had 2 adapters of my laptop , both do the same thing

henterpriser

Reputable
Sep 14, 2019
Hello check this out..

Quoting from https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9560-Stuck-at-0-798-GHz-BD-PROCHOT/td-p/7350884

"This typically happens when a sensor goes bad on your motherboard or in your power adapter. When this happens, it will permanently send a signal to your CPU telling it to throttle to its lowest speed. It usually has nothing to do with temperature. Just a bad sensor.
If you have access to a different power adapter, try that first. Once a sensor goes bad, there is no easy way to diagnose what sensor so all a tech can do is replace parts. If you are still under warranty, call Dell. If your warranty is up, is it worth the cost of installing a new motherboard? Keep in mind that whatever sensor failed will likely fail again.
Using ThrottleStop to solve this problem costs nothing and it has saved a lot of computers from ending up in the landfill. Here is a simple way to add it to your Windows start up sequence using the Task Scheduler. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107"

hope it fixes your problem
GoodLuck

Download aida64 extreme trial and run system stability test with CPU it might tell you what causes the throttling. Its really good program to check temperature sensors etc on the board.
You could still try to test if there is something wrong with DC jack, but i agree with henterpriser might be somekind of temperature sensor issue.

Reactions: henterpriser

vandit.dsyadav

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
Fir
Hello check this out..

Quoting from https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-9560-Stuck-at-0-798-GHz-BD-PROCHOT/td-p/7350884

"This typically happens when a sensor goes bad on your motherboard or in your power adapter. When this happens, it will permanently send a signal to your CPU telling it to throttle to its lowest speed. It usually has nothing to do with temperature. Just a bad sensor.
If you have access to a different power adapter, try that first. Once a sensor goes bad, there is no easy way to diagnose what sensor so all a tech can do is replace parts. If you are still under warranty, call Dell. If your warranty is up, is it worth the cost of installing a new motherboard? Keep in mind that whatever sensor failed will likely fail again.
Using ThrottleStop to solve this problem costs nothing and it has saved a lot of computers from ending up in the landfill. Here is a simple way to add it to your Windows start up sequence using the Task Scheduler. http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107"

hope it fixes your problem
GoodLuck
First of all i have a hp laptop and its warranty has been expired

vandit.dsyadav

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
Download aida64 extreme trial and run system stability test with CPU it might tell you what causes the throttling. Its really good program to check temperature sensors etc on the board.
You could still try to test if there is something wrong with DC jack, but i agree with henterpriser might be somekind of temperature sensor issue.
Can i post a video here because i want to show you the game with the riva tuner, I open games its like 60fps and after 2-3 mins goes to 10 fps and the clock speed also locks down at 0.33 mhz