[SOLVED] Why is my M.2 port suddenly not working?

Jan 14, 2021
AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080TI
Brand new Ryzen 7 3700x
4 sticks of DDR4-3200 TridentZ RAM
1TB EVO Samsung SSD
Corsair RM750x PSU

__

Hello.

Today I updated my BIOS to F31 and then F40 in preparation of a new Ryzen 7. I installed the CPU and had an issue getting things to start. I had a black screen and the CPU light was on, so, I reset my CMOS, reseated some pins, etc.

Finally, I could see the BIOS screen, great! However, I quickly realized that Save&Exit just brings me right back to BIOS...

I literally can't get to post, as my SSD is not recognized as being plugged in.

My SSD is going through my M.2 port, as it always has and was when everything was running fine earlier this morning. Now my BIOS says there is nothing there, on the NVMe settings.

The only indicator of a problem I can find is the VGA light. This makes no sense, as I am literally looking at my screen right now through an HDMI port in the GPU.

I've been doing this a LONG time and I find this issue entirely inexplicable. Could the only explanation be that my M2 port broke during the CPU transition?

I didn't touch it at all during the transition. But now I have taken it out and reseated it twice in an attempt to get it recognized by machine.

I am desperate, any help is appreciated.

AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080TI
Brand new Ryzen 7 3700x
4 sticks of DDR4-3200 TridentZ RAM
1TB EVO Samsung SSD
Corsair RM750x PSU

__

Hello.

Today I updated my BIOS to F31 and then F40 in preparation of a new Ryzen 7. I installed the CPU and had an issue getting things to start. I had a black screen and the CPU light was on, so, I reset my CMOS, reseated some pins, etc.

Finally, I could see the BIOS screen, great! However, I quickly realized that Save&Exit just brings me right back to BIOS...

I literally can't get to post, as my SSD is not recognized as being plugged in.

My SSD is going through my M.2 port, as it always has and was when everything was running fine earlier this morning. Now my BIOS says there is nothing there, on the NVMe settings.

The only indicator of a problem I can find is the VGA light. This makes no sense, as I am literally looking at my screen right now through an HDMI port in the GPU.

I've been doing this a LONG time and I find this issue entirely inexplicable. Could the only explanation be that my M2 port broke during the CPU transition?

I didn't touch it at all during the transition. But now I have taken it out and reseated it twice in an attempt to get it recognized by machine.

I am desperate, any help is appreciated.
Did you check in BIOS if M.2 port is enabled ?