[SOLVED] Why is my motherboard integrated graphics not working.

Jul 19, 2021
I am building an office PC for my motherinlaw. I did not see any reason she should need anything better than an integrated gpu so that is what I went with.

Asrock B450M/ac
Ryzen 3 3200g
8gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200
480gb SSD
450w PSU

I was unable to get a display screen using the integrated graphics. Plugged in an old GPU I have laying around since upgrading my own computer and graphics come up fine. I tried going in to bios and setting the motherboard to on board graphics but all I got was a blank screen and gave up. I suppose there is a chance that I did not wait long enough for the mobo to figure out it had to display graphics from the onboard HDMI but I don't feel confident that is the actual problem. Running out of options, hoping for suggestions. I don't want to give away my old gpu. Thanks.

Solution
Thank you, I will check the bios. Looking at everything that can be downloaded I am a little overwhealmed, This is not a thing I have had to do before. Should I download VGA driver ver:20.45.36_WHQL ? And AMD Chipset Drivers from AMD.com?

Yes I would always get the drivers from the AMD website. They have a software tool that will check you're hardware and match the driver to it if you're not familiar with doing it manually.
There are a couple different BIOS files listed on the Asrock site for that motherboard and processor...I would triple check their site that you're running the correct BIOS. If the BIOS checks out make sure to download and install the latest motherboard and iGPU drivers direct from AMD and try those.

Jul 19, 2021
There are a couple different BIOS files listed on the Asrock site for that motherboard and processor...I would triple check their site that you're running the correct BIOS. If the BIOS checks out make sure to download and install the latest motherboard and iGPU drivers direct from AMD and try those.
Thank you, I will check the bios. Looking at everything that can be downloaded I am a little overwhealmed, This is not a thing I have had to do before. Should I download VGA driver ver:20.45.36_WHQL ? And AMD Chipset Drivers from AMD.com?

Last edited:

Yes I would always get the drivers from the AMD website. They have a software tool that will check you're hardware and match the driver to it if you're not familiar with doing it manually.

Solution