Oct 6, 2020
I resently got a new motherboard because my old one was not detecting my drives. Got everything installed and went to boot the new mobo and it restarts 3 times then stays on but it doesn't boot, the rgb on the ram and motherboard are on and the fans and gpu fans are spinning but its not booting or getting a signal. On the old mobo my keyboard would light up when it was booting. In very lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Asus Prime Z390-A LGA-1151
Intel I7 6700
G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3000mhz 16gb

Solution
I resently got a new motherboard because my old one was not detecting my drives. Got everything installed and went to boot the new mobo and it restarts 3 times then stays on but it doesn't boot, the rgb on the ram and motherboard are on and the fans and gpu fans are spinning but its not booting or getting a signal. On the old mobo my keyboard would light up when it was booting. In very lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Intel I7 6700
Not compatible with your CPU

" Intel® Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Generation Pentium®/Celeron® Processors"...
Oct 6, 2020
Three beeps is a code, does your manual describe their meaning?
Is new motherboard same as the old one? If not you need to re-install windows.
There are no beeps, it just shuts off and on again 3 times. I don't think windows is preventing the computer from getting to the boot screen, it should boot with no drives at all.

USAFRet

Titan

Intel I7 6700

" Intel® Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Generation Pentium®/Celeron® Processors"

Solution
Oct 6, 2020

Well <Mod Edit>me I guess 🙃 guess I should learn to read before I buy <Mod Edit>. Thanks for letting me know.

Oct 6, 2020

Before I buy this will the i5 9600k work?