Question Why is my overclock having little to no effect?

Aug 26, 2019
here is my parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kPyMn7

Hey, so I've been having trouble with my PC since I put it together with a friend of mine last year. We found it to be drastically under-performing given its overkill levels of part quality. We found that it may have been because the RAM I had gotten was not on the official QVL of the motherboard I had (oops). I thought since I got new RAM that was on the QVL, it would finally start performing to expectations, but it's still giving me trouble. For example, when I run it at all stock settings, I get a Cinebench R20 score of about 4696, a timespy score of about 12900, and a Firestrike Ultra score of about 7990. However, when I overclock my CPU to 5.0 GHz (the lowest voltage I could get it stable at was 1.33 volts which my computer automatically moves up to 1.346 for some reason), I only get a Cinebench score of 4790-4900, a Timespy score of 13200-300ish, and a firestrike ultra score of 8000ish. I tried turning XMP on setting 1 (setting one takes the RAM to 4000MHz whereas setting 2 takes it to 3600 MHz), and XMP makes no difference if not makes it worse by bringing the scores down by 100 or so points each test. I tried raising the DRAM voltage to different degrees, and lowering it as well but it makes no noticeable difference. I tried messing with the Ring Ratio, but all that did was make my OC unstable so I left it at default (4300 MHz) I did not turn on my GPU overclock for any of these tests, so I know it's not that. Also, before you ask, yes I believe the overclock is stable. It withstood all those benchmarks just fine as well as Prime95 (small FFTs) for about 2 hours with no errors or crashes and Prime 95 (blend) for about 6 hours with no errors or crashes. I'm honestly at a loss here, and I'm relatively new to overclocking so I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. I'm attaching screenshots of almost every part of my BIOS to help, and I'm willing to add more if needed. Thanks, and if you're in the Bay Area and know a lot about this stuff feel free to let me know and maybe I'll pay you to just come do it for me.
Ay0gucf.png
qYA0ohO.png
ZPxrNcV.png
WADPuOf.png
N5hHdDx.png
PHZVDAo.png
jkXdR1C.png
GB3by9W.png
03aUeCu.png
1n81zan.png
of5wRm0.png
2c9g6oJ.png
yEZpuVS.png
nudjd5l.png
vB6atgf.png
EVyGACf.png
H6gB1IQ.png

Sep 13, 2019
I feel like you put too little voltage on your cpu, try to go with 1.350v and run tests. When i tried to oc my ryzen cpu i had same issue like you, after ocing i wanted to undervolt and noticed that the scores wasnt growing, sometimes even going down because my cpu wasnt getting enough power.

Aug 26, 2019
I feel like you put too little voltage on your cpu, try to go with 1.350v and run tests. When i tried to oc my ryzen cpu i had same issue like you, after ocing i wanted to undervolt and noticed that the scores wasnt growing, sometimes even going down because my cpu wasnt getting enough power.
So, I tried upping the voltage to 1.34, 1.35, 1.36, 1.37, and 1.38. I only tested Cinebench for the sake of time, and the highest score I could get was 4861 with 1.35v which my computer took to 1.365v. However, I saw a lot of other forum posts of people posting their cinebench scores, and people were getting at least 5100 or more with their CPU overclocked to 5.0 GHz