Why is my PC constantly BSOD'ing when I leave it overnight to download?

Luke Hector

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
This is getting infuriating. Almost every single time now when I leave the PC on to download overnight (large games bought online) the PC is encounting a BSOD and I don't notice it until I wake up in the morning.

How can the PC operate fine (bar a sluggish hard drive as per my other post) when I'm using it, but yet constantly crash when I leave it to do literally NOTHING but download?

Is this is because of my problematic hard drive as per my other forum post? It's not even my main SSD that has the Windows data on it, it's only a storage drive that holds my media on it, but apparently it's enough to cause the occasional issue with booting up the PC. Would replacing this drive solve the issue?

It just doesn't make any sense why being idle is so hard for a PC to do?? WHY?!!?!? ARRGGGHHH!!!

Solution
set your machine power options to be high performance to block drivers from going to sleep. Older driver often don't do proper power transitions from sleep. You could try to fix the problem via a BIOS update, and update of the various OEM drivers on your system.
You would also want to do a malwarebytes scan because of the error code often indicates a malware infection (or hacked version of windows installed)
- also make sure you have the windows service pack and updates installed, run
the system file checker to verify you don't have a hacked version of windows.

Luke Hector

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Hi, it's been a while since I was able to obtain a screenshot as I've been replacing that sluggish HDD with a brand new decent SSD. However it's happened again despite doing this. I have a screenshot of the entire BSOD message but here is the text part for you.

A PROCESS OR THREAD CRUCIAL TO SYSTEM OPERATION HAS UNEXPECTEDLY EXITED OR BEEN TERMINATED.

STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X000000000003, OxFFFFFA800851EB30, OxFFFFFA800851EE10, 0x FFFFF8003393270

Means jack to me.....................................

set your machine power options to be high performance to block drivers from going to sleep. Older driver often don't do proper power transitions from sleep. You could try to fix the problem via a BIOS update, and update of the various OEM drivers on your system.
You would also want to do a malwarebytes scan because of the error code often indicates a malware infection (or hacked version of windows installed)
- also make sure you have the windows service pack and updates installed, run
the system file checker to verify you don't have a hacked version of windows.

Solution