Sep 9, 2023
As the title says I am stuck in a boot loop with no display. This is a new PC that I attempted to build today. An OS has not been loaded on yet and nothing will happen with the connected display (LG monitor). On the B650 there is an alternating red light where it says RST. All of the power slots on the 6800xt are filled but one of the cables is split cable which came with the PSU. Do I need a 3rd dedicated cable to power the GPU? I have tried plugging it into different outlets with the same infinite boot issue if that matters. All cables are seated firmly as well as RAM and GPU.

-Components

• Aorus B650 Elite AX M-ATX AM5
  • AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
  • G-Skill Triden 32 gb RAM DDR5-6000 CL36
  • Asrock 6800XT 16 gb
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB SSD
  • Seagate Ironwolf 8 TB HDD
  • Deep Cool CC560 ATX Case
  • Corsair RM850e
  • Deep Cool AK620 CPU cooler
  • LG Ultrawide HDMI display

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to relive some mounting pressure on the cooler and see if that allows you get POST. You can get display out from your motherboard since your processor has an iGPU, perhaps try that without the discrete GPU in your system.

Sep 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to relive some mounting pressure on the cooler and see if that allows you get POST. You can get display out from your motherboard since your processor has an iGPU, perhaps try that without the discrete GPU in your system.
Thank you for responding. I have removed the GPU, RAM and HDD connections. All that remains is the CPU, CPU cooler, and SSD. I still get the same issue. I was wrong about which LEDs were flashing. It appears to be alternating between CPU and DRAM even with the RAM removed. I have tried loosening the CPU cooler mounting as well without any change.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
Do you have another (older) graphics card? I keep a bunch of old cards for such eventualities.

It doesn't matter if they're not fully Windows 10/11 compliant. The main thing is to get the computer to boot into the BIOS and then Windows.

If the GPUs do not require additional12V power inputs, it simplifies fault finding.

Sep 9, 2023
Do you have another (older) graphics card? I keep a bunch of old cards for such eventualities.

It doesn't matter if they're not fully Windows 10/11 compliant. The main thing is to get the computer to boot into the BIOS and then Windows.

If the GPUs do not require additional12V power inputs, it simplifies fault finding.
Unfortunately this is my very 1st build so I do not have anything else. I tried the integrated graphics and didnt get to display either.

TRENDING THREADS