Question Why is my PC so laggy? Its 2 months old as of June, getting ping spikes when I game, but my network is perfectly fine.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Ill see when I get home. Also, for future reference, where should I buy pre-built PCs that don’t cheap out on stuff?
If you have to buy a prebuilt PC there are a few that allow you to choose all the parts and then they build it. Those are the best types though they are technically not a "pre-built" but a custom PC built by another for you.

The next best thing would be companies that do pre-built PCs but have at least a narrow selection of different branded and specced parts to choose from for your build.

True pre-built PCs are purchased as assembled and there is no way to customize what you get except by getting a different PC entirely.

You can also always try and build a PC yourself and save money from 100-200+ dollars saved.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Even Cyberpower will let you pick major components. Just their off the shelf computers are meant to make them as much money as possible. They actually sell very nice components, they just charge you extra to use them.

So when you fire up their configurator, you just scroll down to the various options and don't take their default options. They have low end motherboards, a few mid-range choices, and then over the top crazy ones. All the ones they can get the best margins out of. They sell house branded power supplies as default, but carry major brands like Corsair. Memory they always go for the cheapest, but they do sell expensive gaming kits that are the same things people would recommend when building it yourself.

If that time comes, ask for a recommendation with a price in mind.

Reactions: helper800
Here is a direct comparison of cost with the exact same parts, not all of which makes sense, but just so I can choose the same items for both builds, one that you buy through CyberPower and one that you build yourself.

Cyberpower - $2878.00

Vs.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700K 3.4 GHz 20-Core Processor ($381.77 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE LINK H150i RGB 63.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL32 Memory ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB Video Card ($829.00 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design Focus 2 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic VERTEX GX-850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($179.99 @ B&H)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - Download 64-bit ($138.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2369.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-08-08 17:58 EDT-0400

That is a 508.31 dollar savings paying full price for Windows, though you do not get a free version of the Wukong game, I guess that's worth about 500 dollars.