[SOLVED] Why is my pc underperforming below average in benchmarks and less fps than in tests?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StarryMeteor751

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
Did you get a dual channel RAM kit yet?

Did you figure out the CPU temp issue yet?
I dont remember saying anything about bad cpu temp? And no I havent been able to get my hands on dual channel but I used a benchmark that has the exact components and it says I should get 150 fps on battlefield V and I get around 70-80

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I dont remember saying anything about bad cpu temp? And no I havent been able to get my hands on dual channel but I used a benchmark that has the exact components and it says I should get 150 fps on battlefield V and I get around 70-80

People are speculating because you tend to not give much in the way of information. Several people have speculated about heat throttling and the most info you've given consists of you saying you'll "check out the fan stuff" in a year or so. You really need a change of approach to this problem if you're ever going to resolve it. As far as I can tell, all you've done is buy a new monitor and continually compare your performance to random internet benchmarks that you never even specify or link to; give me Adobe and an hour and I can post a video of me getting 120 fps in Crysis 3 on an Atari 2600. You have to actually engage and provide information to the people who are trying to help you.

StarryMeteor751

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
Did you update the bios and chipset driver?
Yes, I did a clean reboot and now my cpu is performing better in the benchmark, but I have some new problems after this. Sometimes steam crashes and then it crashes my whole pc. And UBM cant detect my ssd or hdd

StarryMeteor751

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
People are speculating because you tend to not give much in the way of information. Several people have speculated about heat throttling and the most info you've given consists of you saying you'll "check out the fan stuff" in a year or so. You really need a change of approach to this problem if you're ever going to resolve it. As far as I can tell, all you've done is buy a new monitor and continually compare your performance to random internet benchmarks that you never even specify or link to; give me Adobe and an hour and I can post a video of me getting 120 fps in Crysis 3 on an Atari 2600. You have to actually engage and provide information to the people who are trying to help you.
What PSU?
my PSU is: GameMax RGB-1050 PRO Fully Modular 80+ Gold Certified
Also I have problems with my steam download speeds dropping to 0 and sometimes it doesnt respond, so idk if its something to do with that.

Yes, I did a clean reboot and now my cpu is performing better in the benchmark, but I have some new problems after this. Sometimes steam crashes and then it crashes my whole pc. And UBM cant detect my ssd or hdd
OK ram speed went up and is now running at max for the mobo.

You sure you updated the bios?
It looks like you still have 2 more levels to go up.

Trying to figure out how 'there may be some put together badly' if otherwise identical.
For me, "putting together" a PC means the whole shebang - hardware, BIOS settings, OS, drivers, the lot.

So I changed to a 1920x1080p monitor but its still the same, I did realize that my cpu util while playing games is around 3-13% so idk if its something to with that
Your Userbenchmark flagged up 24% background CPU usage. It also seems happy with your GPU. Can you try getting the the bottom of that 24% background and re-running the benchmark?