[SOLVED] Why is my phone having a hard time connecting to apps without using VPN ?

May 9, 2021
Hello,

I noticed this problem a day or so ago wherein I can't access most of my online apps and games through my phone (Samsung S20FE) via WiFi directly. As in, I could only log-in while using VPN or if I'm using Mobile Data. In some cases, I need to use VPN/Mobile Data for the entire duration when accessing said apps and games.

The browser stays fine, however, but apps like Discord, Amino, and Pinterest never loads at all. Same with games like Genshin Impact or Wild Rift— they can only be accessed properly if I'm using VPN to log in.

I tried everything that I could think of. I made sure that the WiFi Proxy is set to none, and the IP is set to DHCP. I reset my phone's settings, networks, and accessibility. Even to forget the network and all. Unfortunately, none of them worked.

It should also be noted, however, that the same problem is not applicable to my desktop computer. I can access everything there just fine. Moreover, I've been monitoring the internet speed the past week now, and there were no drops in the speed.

What solutions are there to this problem? And, if push comes to shove, will factory reset help me?

Last edited:
Solution
The model is... HG6245D.
You can follow this video to see how to enter into the Wi-Fi setup page. It may be different for your router if updates or revisions have been released. I would guide you step-by-step, but I do not know exactly how it will look.

Once you sign in to your router, you need to find a management, security, or devices page. I think that some routers may not have a feature like this.

If you find the connected devices, look for your device name if it has that. If it only IP addresses, go to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone. Click on your Wi-Fi network and look for the device IP address. It will probably be something like 192.168.1.XX — it will not be 192.168.1.1 because that is the routers IP address.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hello,

I noticed this problem a day or so ago wherein I can't access most of my online apps and games through my phone (Samsung S20FE) via WiFi directly. As in, I could only log-in while using VPN or if I'm using Mobile Data. In some cases, I need to use VPN/Mobile Data for the entire duration when accessing said apps and games.

The browser stays fine, however, but apps like Discord, Amino, and Pinterest never loads at all. Same with games like Genshin Impact or Wild Rift— they can only be accessed properly if I'm using VPN to log in.

I tried everything that I could think of. I made sure that the WiFi Proxy is set to none, and the IP is set to DHCP. I reset my phone's settings, networks, and accessibility. Even to forget the network and all. Unfortunately, none of them worked.

It should also be noted, however, that the same problem is not applicable to my desktop computer. I can access everything there just fine. Moreover, I've been monitoring the internet speed the past week now, and there were no drops in the speed.

What solutions are there to this problem? And, if push comes to shove, will factory reset help me?
Does it happen on every WiFi network or just the one network? If it’s only on one network, your device could be blocked in the settings on it. If this is the case, a factory reset will probably not help.

If it is your WiFi you are trying to connect to, look at the router settings and see if your phone is blocked.

May 9, 2021
Does it happen on every WiFi network or just the one network? If it’s only on one network, your device could be blocked in the settings on it. If this is the case, a factory reset will probably not help.

If it is your WiFi you are trying to connect to, look at the router settings and see if your phone is blocked.

Just one WiFi network, and it's the main one in my household... and... can you tell me how to unblock it, step-by-step?

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
The model is... HG6245D.
You can follow this video to see how to enter into the Wi-Fi setup page. It may be different for your router if updates or revisions have been released. I would guide you step-by-step, but I do not know exactly how it will look.

Once you sign in to your router, you need to find a management, security, or devices page. I think that some routers may not have a feature like this.

If you find the connected devices, look for your device name if it has that. If it only IP addresses, go to the Wi-Fi settings on your phone. Click on your Wi-Fi network and look for the device IP address. It will probably be something like 192.168.1.XX — it will not be 192.168.1.1 because that is the routers IP address.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS