[SOLVED] Why is my Ryzen 3600XT reaching 90C?

May 28, 2021
My Ryzen 3600XT's temps are around 60C and 80C-90C when playing a CPU intensive game. Im rocking the stock cooler because I originally didnt want to overclock it, thought it would have been enough.
My friend also has the same setup, and he's getting like 70C, same game, same settings. I find this really annoying but don't know what's causing the problem. Should I replace the thermal paste with something aftermarket?

Solution
My Ryzen 3600XT's temps are around 60C and 80C-90C when playing a CPU intensive game. Im rocking the stock cooler because I originally didnt want to overclock it, thought it would have been enough.
My friend also has the same setup, and he's getting like 70C, same game, same settings. I find this really annoying but don't know what's causing the problem. Should I replace the thermal paste with something aftermarket?
Even with the same settings, this does not mean that you will have the same indicators, your friend may have a lower temperature in the room, the case may have a better airflow organization, it is good to have direct airflow from the front / bottom / top, and of course thermal paste matters, including how it is...

I would say try a new, high performance thermal paste.

And if your stock cooler allows you can replace the fan with a thicker one, at the same diameter the thicker fan can produce more airflow without too much noise.

Alex Storm

Commendable
Mar 2, 2021
Even with the same settings, this does not mean that you will have the same indicators, your friend may have a lower temperature in the room, the case may have a better airflow organization, it is good to have direct airflow from the front / bottom / top, and of course thermal paste matters, including how it is smeared.

Solution