[SOLVED] Why is my Ryzen 9 3900x so hot ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2021
I am not a pc expert in any means please be nice <3

I have a R9 3900x cpu and it idles at 75 degrees and when i play games it will go to 90 or even 95. I have never had the pc shut of on me. i only noticed this after switching to windows 11. I got a AIO cooler and that didnt improve anything. could this be a os issue? I have cleand the pc so i am certain its not dust or anything

specs:
3900x
MSI gaming trio 3080ti
Asus prime x570
32 gb ram

exta - my cpu is at 73 degrees and 2% load as of posting

Solution
so i have been using icue to see the temps. have my front 3 fans as intake and the aio blows out. i have one exhaust fan and the aio aswell with 2 fans. its only hits 95 briefly. i only play apex and valorant and rocket league. only apex has hit 95 and over but my game will freak out for a sec and the temp drops.

I had the original wreath cooler and had no issues. then my temps went up after windows 11. That's when i got the aio.
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Illusion AIO CPU Cooler Black
it should be 100% pump i will check again
When it hits 95C it makes sense things will 'freak out' as the CPU starts hard throttling to protect itself.

iCue software isn't such a good thing to run with Ryzen as it's known to...
Nov 30, 2021
it's a overclock video but he talks about the mobo manufacturers bios not being right on a few things dropped my temp to 40 at idle on a air cooler I'm on a Asus ROG b450 f 3900x the bios should be similar also they've fixed some of this in the bios updates but not all of it when he says they're 1 for 12 that's the last of the changes anything after that is going into overclocking start about 3 minutes into the vid to save time hope this helps

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssuqhyqah2k&t=569s
I will have a watch. thanks alot.

Nov 30, 2021
it's a overclock video but he talks about the mobo manufacturers bios not being right on a few things dropped my temp to 40 at idle on a air cooler I'm on a Asus ROG b450 f 3900x the bios should be similar also they've fixed some of this in the bios updates but not all of it when he says they're 1 for 12 that's the last of the changes anything after that is going into overclocking start about 3 minutes into the vid to save time hope this helps

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssuqhyqah2k&t=569s
i watched the video and yea my bios is in the same boat. things are over vaulted for no reason. imma try what he did