[SOLVED] Why is my score so low on user benchmarks?

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
I originally built this system for gaming..and later upgraded the gpu because i wanted to play at 4k max settings. Iv noticed in most games now that 4k 60fps is starting to struggle and even in some older games was still not able to achieve this. in most cases it was stuttery frame rate. I thought this was just due to the GPU not being powerfull enough when enabling some graphic settings like volemtric fog,SSO SSR etc. so im currently waiting for nvidia to ship there new gpus and hopefully upgrade to one of them. but now im not so sure. Just found out about this and thought I would try it and I'm quite surprised by the results. why are they so low for gaming? https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26219831

Solution
GPU - " Relative performance (0th percentile) - Disable monitor sync before benchmarking (60 fps cap detected) "

SSD - "Relative performance n/a - sequential bench incomplete "
Also, do you have RAPID mode enabled for that SSD? That is pretty useless overall, and can give unstable/outlandish test results. Turn it off.

USAFRet

Titan
GPU - " Relative performance (0th percentile) - Disable monitor sync before benchmarking (60 fps cap detected) "

Also, do you have RAPID mode enabled for that SSD? That is pretty useless overall, and can give unstable/outlandish test results. Turn it off.

Solution
Apr 3, 2020
From that link you gave it says there is a "60FPS frame cap detected", might be your issue there.

Another thing (Just my personal opinion here) is that 4k max settings is a little unnecessary. I find that running games on medium or high settings to get extra frames is a better tradeoff in terms of how much you lose in looks (not a ton) and how much performance you get

At the end of the day it's your decision, but if you're still running into performance issues after taking off the frame cap and disabling monitor sync I'd skip on 4k resolution.

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
From that link you gave it says there is a "60FPS frame cap detected", might be your issue there.

Another thing (Just my personal opinion here) is that 4k max settings is a little unnecessary. I find that running games on medium or high settings to get extra frames is a better tradeoff in terms of how much you lose in looks (not a ton) and how much performance you get

At the end of the day it's your decision, but if you're still running into performance issues after taking off the frame cap and disabling monitor sync I'd skip on 4k resolution.

Didn't think of that. But my global setting is set to 3d application.. I only game at 60fps as im on a 4k tv screen which is 60hz refresh rate. and without vsync I get screen tearing in games. but I always set up profiles for games enabling vsync and sometimes fast sync as it seems to give better performance in some games.

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014

well ok mostly max settings - stuff like MSAA and ultra shadows/volemetric fog etc but still having all the effects enabled with no problems is what im after.. for example i get stutter in RE2R when not using close to max settings with stuff like SSR and HBO+ etc

domjam

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014

I don't have the Samsung magician software running Normally. But I opened it up to have a look and that Rapid setting is enabled. I'm a bit confused why you say its usless overall though.it "enhances overall system performance" and was recommend by a Samsung tech to leave enabled.