[SOLVED] Why is my screen turning white/black when playing games

Feb 4, 2020
So i have a GTX 1650,my fans are turned to 100% and sometimes when its on a high quality or randomly the screen goes white/black/sometimes other colors.My cpu is still on.btw if i try auto it crashes almost instantly.What can i do?thanks

Solution
I'm not saying you shouldn't, but with what I'm seeing so far:
-GTX 1650 already has low power use, so the psu isn't being pushed very hard
-the underclock hasn't fixed the issue, but appears to delay the inevitable
-it crashes even quicker through the auto fan curve, but the auto curve isn't as aggressive as a flat out 100% one.

I'd suggest returning the GTX 1650, and trying a different brand of it. This looks like a bad cooler mount scenario; the Vram isn't being cooled properly.
Those random lights you mention are one of the symptoms of a bad memory OC or overheating Vram.
Feb 4, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Mother Board - ASRock B450 PRO4
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8GHz
Power supply - Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze, 620W
Case - Deepcool Tesseract SW black
Memory - 2x ADATA 8GB DDR4 2666MHz CL19 1.2v
GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 Dual, 4GB, GDDR5, 128-bit
Hard disk - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA3 64MB

im not really sure what you mean by make and model of the psu

Feb 4, 2020
Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the old gpu drivers(if any) and then install the new one?

Did you overclock this gpu?
That symptom makes me think either a bad Vram OC, or overheating Vram.

If you try auto, what?
Yes, it didn't do anything tho

As of overclock im preaty sure not.I set in msi afterburner - a number i dont know it exactly rn but every time im playing something i set thr fans to 100% and set - memory and cpu something... im not sure what its dooing but i saw somewhere that it will crash less

Auto fan speed

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I set in msi afterburner - a number i dont know it exactly rn but every time im playing something i set thr fans to 100% and set - memory and cpu something... im not sure what its dooing but i saw somewhere that it will crash less
So what you're saying is that you're under-clocking the cpu and memory clock speeds?
That reduces the power consumed and heat produced, so if the gpu is having trouble with one or the other - perhaps both - it's supposed to make the situation more manageable.
The GTX 1650 is already light on the power usage though.

Feb 4, 2020
So what you're saying is that you're under-clocking the cpu and memory clock speeds?
That reduces the power consumed and heat produced, so if the gpu is having trouble with one or the other - perhaps both - it's supposed to make the situation more manageable.
The GTX 1650 is already light on the power usage though.
So i shouldnt underclock? It happend anyway before i underclocked the gpu... so im not really sure if it will be a difference...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-it crashes even quicker through the auto fan curve, but the auto curve isn't as aggressive as a flat out 100% one.

I'd suggest returning the GTX 1650, and trying a different brand of it. This looks like a bad cooler mount scenario; the Vram isn't being cooled properly.
Those random lights you mention are one of the symptoms of a bad memory OC or overheating Vram.

Reactions: hazelnuts
Solution
Feb 4, 2020

Ok thanks :) (what does vram mean?, and oc means overclock right?)