[SOLVED] Why is there "Wi-Fi" and "Wi-Fi 2" in my available networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullivan2520085

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
I'm on my computer using wireless connection, and my home network now shows up twice in available networks. Not going to use my actual network name, but one says "Wi-Fi" and the other says "Wi-Fi 2". I have never seen the "Wi-Fi 2" until yesterday, and I'm only able to connect to it, and not the original "Wi-Fi".

I'm curious what this means since I've never encountered it before. And also the fact I've been having some pretty bad ping spikes while CSGO recently and was wondering if it is somehow connected.

Any help would be awesome, thank you!

Solution
I'm on my computer using wireless connection, and my home network now shows up twice in available networks. Not going to use my actual network name, but one says "Wi-Fi" and the other says "Wi-Fi 2". I have never seen the "Wi-Fi 2" until yesterday, and I'm only able to connect to it, and not the original "Wi-Fi".

I'm curious what this means since I've never encountered it before. And also the fact I've been having some pretty bad ping spikes while CSGO recently and was wondering if it is somehow connected.

Just delete the non working copy. Windows will occasionally create a new device entry on boot. Numerous reasons for this, and it's a pain, but it happens.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model: modem, router?

Do you have admin rights to the router?

Double check the router's wireless configuration settings.

Also look in the router's logs (if available and enabled). There may be an entry therein related to the appearance of "Wi-Fi 2".

Just delete the non working copy. Windows will occasionally create a new device entry on boot. Numerous reasons for this, and it's a pain, but it happens.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.